Teh Bias

Teh Bias

• December 15, 2018, 03:53:06 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: The Simpsons Discussion  (Read 21445 times)

adamsappel

• Global Moderator
  • The Dude abides.
    • View Profile
Re: The Simpsons Discussion
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2006, 08:47:38 PM »

That was Lenny's line, what was it Carl said just before? I can't remember and it's driving me nuts!

Something like, "I've got Melt Mania!"
"I do not come here to have my ideas and opinions stiffled."

unky herb

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2006, 07:51:59 PM »

In my opinion, I believe the writing for Homer had become somewhat bland. Then America is introduced to the infamous Peter Griffen; who made Homer seem to be at least half-smart. Then, magically, Homer stoops down to being almost legally retarded. Being a huge fan of both shows, I'm convinced both teams of writers have wagered a "Water Head War", attempting to out-do each other when it comes to the incompetence of Homer and Peter. Or am I just crazy in the head? ??? ;D

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2006, 07:54:48 PM »

Speaking of which, I think South Park has a whole ep ripping on Family Guy tonite.   I hear that Trey and Matt hate Family Guy.   I'd say both shows aren't as good as they once were (the new FG season left me somewhat cold, thought the Stewie movie is a must-see).

unky herb

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2006, 08:06:43 PM »

I just saw a commercial for the SP episode. Can't wait to see what they have to say about Macfarlane and his crew! Guaranteed he'll rib SP back!

adamsappel

• Global Moderator
  • The Dude abides.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2006, 08:20:22 PM »

familyguysteals

Some of his accusations are a little iffy, but Stewie sure looks like a complete rip-off of Jimmy Corrigan, the Smartest Kid on Earth.
"I do not come here to have my ideas and opinions stiffled."

Geese

• Champion of Y-Axis inversion
    • View Profile
    • Geese's Dojo
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2006, 08:31:19 PM »

The Jimmy Corrigan thing is the only thing I'll give the blogger. The rest is pretty much reaching. If FG ripped off SP with death, then SP frigging ripped off every other depiction of death I've ever seen.

And the hotdog joke is ridiculous. We've all heard that one before. That's nothing new. Next he'll be accusing Seth of stealing words like "Hello" and "the".

Whatever...I don't know enough about the guy to call him a hack. I just know that FG makes me laugh just like SP does.
Now Playing on XB1: Dead Rising 3, Ryse: Son of Rome

unky herb

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2006, 08:59:32 PM »

The blogger also fails to understand Seth MacFarlane's Schtick. Parker and Stone like to question pop-culture to tell their story, MacFarlane likes to use pop-culture to tell his. It's about who tells a funny story that people will continue to be interested in. Besides, who can argue that Mayor Adam West isn't the weirdest and funniest cartoon mayor ever. AND he's different than the other mayors: Right Wing Uber-Conservative Mid-Colorado mayor, and the complete (yet hilarious) rip-off of any Kennedy as Springfield's mayor.

Also, if this blogger wants to nit-pick: Then doesn't the story of four boys growing up together sound kind of like Stand By Me?  :-* ;D

sean80

• Psychosocial
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2006, 09:45:04 PM »

I was excitd when they were bringing Family Guy back but I've only watched a handful of episodes.  I guess I don't find it as funny as I used to.  Don't care too much for American Dad either. 

sean80

• Psychosocial
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2006, 11:43:44 PM »

One of my favourite scenes in this past Sunday's episode [spoiler], beside the monkey vs. the elephant, is the way the nerds at the Stargate convention react at the idea of a girl in the audience.  Sad but true I'm sure.  ;) [/spoiler]  I threw in the spoiler tag for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. It wasn't a bad episode but not one of the better ones.  Now excuse me while I go drink my crab juice.

ICandee

• I miss Cubey
    • View Profile
    • ICandee, You Game 2.0
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2006, 08:34:34 AM »

Someone snuck footage of some animatics shown at this year's Comic con of The Simpsons movie.  Bless you You Tube!

This says 2 but watch this one first

Second Animatic

"Girl gamer's rule.. it smells like apples and plums when you play with them.." -Xbox.com forum post

ICandee, You Game

sean80

• Psychosocial
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2006, 07:48:53 PM »

Fox has had the footage taken down.  D'oh.  You'll have to tell us what it was.

ICandee

• I miss Cubey
    • View Profile
    • ICandee, You Game 2.0
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2006, 01:41:50 PM »

Well crap!  lol

OK, the first one was Homer on a dog sled in the woods.  He had a whip and at one point he said to the dogs, "OK I'm done whipping you...with this arm!" then he switches arms.  There's a couple more lines in the scene but at one point he takes them off their line, they attack him and run away and Homer says, "Why does everyone I whip leave me?"

The second one was a mob (basically all the characters) running up to the Simpson house with torches and what-not.  Marge tells Homer he has to apologize to them for what he did.  Homer tells her something to the effect that they're probably just after Grandpa at which point you hear Grandpa say, "I'm part of the mob!"  Everyone's trying to get into the house at this point and Dr. Hibbert calls Homer a "son of a bitch"  hee hee.

Anyhoo, that was basically it.  There were of course a lot of funny lines in there but I can't remember them all.  Sorry you weren't able to watch them!  Can't wait for this movie to come out!!!
"Girl gamer's rule.. it smells like apples and plums when you play with them.." -Xbox.com forum post

ICandee, You Game

sean80

• Psychosocial
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2006, 01:53:59 PM »

Thanks for the recap.  :D  That sounds like it was some funny stuff.  I'll have to look for it on the net. 

ICandee

• I miss Cubey
    • View Profile
    • ICandee, You Game 2.0
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2006, 02:39:26 PM »

IGN has a report up on Comic Con with Matt Groening and the gang:

As for the coming season, the names given for which musicians would guest star were: The White Stripes and Metallica. The other guest stars that they mentioned would show up in Springfield were: Dr. Phil, Natalie Portman (or rather Princess Amidala), and Kiefer Sutherland.

And my favorite quote from the article:

Finally the question that was on everybody's mind - what is happening with the movie? In a humorous reply, they mentioned that the story is going to have to get reworked as it was the exact plot of "Snakes on a Plane."

ICandee, You Game

iPeter

• Man Card Status: APPROVED
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2006, 12:46:54 AM »

Season premiere was tonight. I thought it was good. I'll wait a couple of days before posting story specifics, but wanted to bring this thread back up so we could all give our thoughts.

I will insert one, non-spoiler quote: "FUUUUUUNNNNNNNK!"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8