Teh Bias

Teh Bias

• December 15, 2018, 03:38:14 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica Discussion  (Read 38086 times)

iPeter

• Man Card Status: APPROVED
    • View Profile
Re: Battlestar Galactica Discussion
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2006, 03:04:19 AM »

Just watched "The Farm" (S2E5), and it's one of the best.

RuFfNeCk

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2006, 10:56:53 AM »

I love that ep Pieter.

I was wrong earlier in the thread about the start date for Season 3 - It's October 30, 2006.

iPeter

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2006, 01:17:02 PM »

On the flipside, I watched "Final Cut" last night and thought it was pretty weak. Here are the 3 main things I didn't get/like:

[spoiler]1. When the cylons are watching the final cut and deleted scenes at the end of the episode we are led to believe that the footage was transmitted back to wherever (Caprica?) when the two Raiders appeared. But there was footage in the reel taken after that event, most obviously the scene of Adama pumping his fist in victory after the Raiders were destroyed.

2. Along the same lines... why does it seem like the Cylons can send Raiders to the fleet at any moment? Do the human cylons relay the fleet's location? If that's the case, why don't the cylons give chase and destroy the fleet? Most of the time I can look past this, but "Final Cut" gives us nothing interesting to distract us with until the closing moments when the Aussie is revealed to be a cylon. And going back to #1, if the Raiders can transmit the footage, why can't they transmit their location? The fleet should have jumped to another location as soon as the Raiders were destroyed, but I don't remember that happening (should it be a given that this happened?).

3. The latest cylon-Sharon seemed surprised to find out her couterpart was still alive. Wouldn't she know she's not dead because she hasn't been "updated" with any new information you would assume she would acquire after another model dies?[/spoiler]

I guess my main problem with the episode was the lack of anything interesting or new. Even the storyline with the XO was weak.

Only two more episodes till I'm done with the DVDs! :( What will I do then?

RuFfNeCk

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2006, 01:30:32 PM »

Pieter:

In regards to the last 2 points:

2.  I don't think the Cylons want to actually destroy humanity.  I've always thought that [spoiler]the Cylons were leading the humans somewhere based on the whole "This has happened before, it will happen again"[/spoiler].
3.  No, that's not how it works.  This is addressed in a latter Season 2 episode - "[spoiler]Downloaded[/spoiler]".  [spoiler]Cylon memories don't go to ALL models.  The memories of one Sharon don't go to all the Sharon models - they go to a singular Sharon model[/spoiler].

It's funny that you mention that you didn't like it - "Final Cut" was one of the best episodes IMO.  The way it was paced, the way it fleshed out certain characters, and gave you the oppotunity to see different sides of people.  I especially liked [spoiler]the way they didn't show any of the battle, and you only saw the reaction from people on the CIC, and heard the radio chatter[/spoiler].  It was very effective.

iPeter

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2006, 01:46:23 PM »

Chris, [spoiler]At the end of "Final Cut" (or was it "Home pt 2") the sexy-cylon tells the vice-president she is his guardian angel. He replies, "to what end?" and she says, "the end of human-kind" or something similar.[/spoiler] And in "33" the cylons kept chasing the fleet in what seemed like an obvious attempt to wipe it out.

The battle in "Final Cut" was very well done, with the expection of the fist-pumping "YES!" which seemed out of character.

One big thing I forgot to mention about "Final Cut:" [spoiler]Why no mention of what happened in the previous episode? They found info on how to get to Earth, but it doesn't come up in "Final Cut?" This big info is revealed and what do we get next - a documentary about life on Galactica!?[/spoiler]

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2006, 02:09:35 PM »

[spoiler]I honestly think that the Cylon powers-that-be have changed their minds at least a couple of times as to whether or not their 'mission' is to wipe out the human race.   I think we'll see some of this when the series returns; I fully expect the first episode or two to deal solely/mostly with past events that we haven't seen yet.[/spoiler]

And of course, since this is what I'm expecting, I'll probably be wrong.

Since I don't typically rewatch the episodes, or even listen to the podcast/commentaries, I'm sure I'm missing out on a lot of clues.

FLYING SE7EN

• Global Moderator
  • Danger. Zone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2006, 02:57:21 PM »

I finished season 1 and the first half of season 2.   I can't wait to finish off season 2, but then I'm stuck suffering a week in between episodes and months between seasons!!!!!

I enjoyed final cut.  When I think about some of the things that Pieter brings up, I remind myself that we really have no idea what the Cylons are up to.  Do they want to kill us all?  Do they want to cross breed?  Do they want the Galactica to lead THEM to Earth?  The answer is: We don't know. 

Damn I can't wait for more episodes....

J.

RuFfNeCk

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2006, 05:39:40 PM »

The site linked to below could have some spoilers (the actual article does not) so be wary if you decide to look around the site.

Battlestar Galactica spin-off coming?

Sounds interesting at the very least.

ICandee

• I miss Cubey
    • View Profile
    • ICandee, You Game 2.0
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2006, 06:46:49 PM »

Oooooo that sounds interesting...

Nice avatar Boss.   
"Girl gamer's rule.. it smells like apples and plums when you play with them.." -Xbox.com forum post

ICandee, You Game

adamsappel

• Global Moderator
  • The Dude abides.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2006, 09:53:09 PM »

Sci Fi Channel has announced that they are developing a spin-off of the highly acclaimed Battlestar Galactica. Titled Caprica, the new series is a prequel set 50 years before the events of Galactica. On Galactica, Edward James Olmos stars as Commander William Adama, with Jamie Bamber portraying his son Lee "Apollo" Adama. The new series will focus on an earlier generation of the Adama family, along with another family named the Graystones.

Caprica is familiar to Battlestar fans as a pivotal planet where much of the action has been focused, with the series telling the story of how the robotic Cylons brutally attack and decimate their human creators. On the new show, we will see life on the once peaceful Caprica, and how the creation of the Cylons began.
"I do not come here to have my ideas and opinions stiffled."

iPeter

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2006, 03:29:15 PM »

Well, all done with the DVDs. That last episode was a doozy! I can't wait to see how the writers will the get the crew of Galactica out of this one!

Edit: What episode is airing on Universal HD tonight? I should be on episode 11 of season 2 now, right? What's the title of that episode?

RuFfNeCk

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2006, 04:01:10 PM »

Well, all done with the DVDs. That last episode was a doozy! I can't wait to see how the writers will the get the crew of Galactica out of this one!

Edit: What episode is airing on Universal HD tonight? I should be on episode 11 of season 2 now, right? What's the title of that episode?
Pieter, tonight is "[spoiler]The Captain's Hand[/spoiler]".  This would be episode 17 I think.

FLYING SE7EN

• Global Moderator
  • Danger. Zone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2006, 04:48:07 PM »

Credit goes to Chris  for finding these:

It's a fan's version of the cast after being Simpson-ized.

The President and Adama

link

[spoiler]Sharons.......(I love the baby toaster)[/spoiler]

Starbuck  (swoon)

link

Dee, Billy and ??  (is this a spoiler???)

The Chief and Cally

Col. Tigh and Wife

Baltar and Number Six

(EDIT:   slightly spoilerized by Mike)

sean80

• Psychosocial
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2006, 04:50:38 PM »

Nice find.  Now there is a show I could really get into. 

RuFfNeCk

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2006, 04:51:47 PM »

OH CRAP.  Umm, spoilers in those pictures.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15