Teh Bias

Teh Bias

• December 15, 2018, 04:38:04 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica Discussion  (Read 38087 times)

ICandee

• I miss Cubey
    • View Profile
    • ICandee, You Game 2.0
Re: Battlestar Galactica Discussion
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2006, 11:21:01 AM »

You're going down RuFfNeCk.... >:(
"Girl gamer's rule.. it smells like apples and plums when you play with them.." -Xbox.com forum post

ICandee, You Game

iPeter

• Man Card Status: APPROVED
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2006, 11:22:40 AM »

Classical gets boring quick, and I'd likely get in trouble if I played The Killers, so I play a lot of soundtracks in my classroom while the students are working. You can imagine my excitement when I stumbled across the Season 1 soundtrack while browsing the aisles last week. It's a very complete selection of tracks - 30 in all - for 78 minutes of Battlestar ambiance. Highly recommended.

RuFfNeCk

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2006, 09:04:05 AM »

Ok Jeff...  I know you watched the Season 2 finale of BSG last night...  What did you think??

FLYING SE7EN

• Global Moderator
  • Danger. Zone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2006, 11:19:41 AM »

I don't actually know where to begin, but I will say that I'm desperate for season 3 to come out now.  The season 2 finale was very interesting, and risky to be sure, and I wonder if we'll look back on that episode as the "Jump the Shark" episode.

I can safely say that this series is as dear to me now as Lost.  I'd have to say I like them equally, but BSG concerns me re: the season 2 finale.  If they do it right, (Season 3, that is) it will be seen as a masterstroke that really added depth and perspective to the series as a whole.  If they do it wrong, it'll be the house of cards episode that makes us all wish things could go back to the way things were.

Can't talk about too much else here without spoilers, but I'll say that "Black Market" and "Downloaded" were two of my favorite episodes of the whole series.

J.

RuFfNeCk

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2006, 11:28:11 AM »

I don't actually know where to begin, but I will say that I'm desperate for season 3 to come out now.  The season 2 finale was very interesting, and risky to be sure, and I wonder if we'll look back on that episode as the "Jump the Shark" episode.

I can safely say that this series is as dear to me now as Lost.  I'd have to say I like them equally, but BSG concerns me re: the season 2 finale.  If they do it right, (Season 3, that is) it will be seen as a masterstroke that really added depth and perspective to the series as a whole.  If they do it wrong, it'll be the house of cards episode that makes us all wish things could go back to the way things were.

Can't talk about too much else here without spoilers, but I'll say that "Black Market" and "Downloaded" were two of my favorite episodes of the whole series.

J.
As some of us mentioned earlier, that season finale was very risky indeed.  I was shocked at how it turned out.  make sure to stay away from spoilers about Season 3 if you can.  I've read a few, and really wish I hadn't.  But I think Season 3 will be even better than 1 & 2.

I found it interesting that "Black Market" was one of your favourites.  That episode is genereally regarded as being the worst episode of the show, not just by the fans but by Ronald Moore as well.  Personally, I liked it, and I figured if that's the worst episode of BSG, then that's not a bad thing at all.

"Downloaded" was probably my favourite of Season 2 (which is tough because there's a LOT of good stuff in there).  I loved seeing it from the Cylons viewpoint, and that opening sequence is quite the doozy.

FLYING SE7EN

• Global Moderator
  • Danger. Zone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2006, 12:13:45 PM »

The 2 things I liked best about "Black Market" was the glimpse it gave us into the trials and harsh realities of civilian life in the fleet, and the other was seeing [spoiler] Apollo shoot Bill Duke in the face and making the decision that the fleet needed the black market, but even IT needed rules. [/spoiler]

I'm interested to hear why others thought it was such a bad episode.

ICandee

• I miss Cubey
    • View Profile
    • ICandee, You Game 2.0
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2006, 10:36:25 PM »

I love Battlestar!  I try so hard to not read anything about the show until I'm caught up on episodes.  Entertainment Weekly spoiled a bit of the second half of Season 2 for me but luckily not everything. 
"Girl gamer's rule.. it smells like apples and plums when you play with them.." -Xbox.com forum post

ICandee, You Game

FLYING SE7EN

• Global Moderator
  • Danger. Zone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2006, 09:52:34 AM »

I forgot to ask you Maggi, what was the bit that EW spoiled for you?  Just use the spoiler tags

ICandee

• I miss Cubey
    • View Profile
    • ICandee, You Game 2.0
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2006, 02:54:11 PM »

Presenting Entertainment Weekly:  The Spoiling Spoiler to End all Spoils...the jerks...This deals primarily with them spoiling the second half of Season 2.  They have spoiled other things for me in the past and I'm starting to notice it more and more.  It's gotten to the point where you need to watch something then read their stupid mag. 

[spoiler]They told about the President getting Cylon blood and it saving her life (I found this out when I still really wanted her to die, she's cool now though...maybe it was the blood)[/spoiler]

In their article about what shows should win Emmys they came right out and talked about [spoiler]the fact that they land on a planet plus they totally gave away the fact that the season ender jumps ahead one year and they are found by the Cylons and Adama and Lee jumps away!  Son of a...[/spoiler]

Luckily I had seen it by the time I read that Emmy article, but still!  Warn someone!  I guess they figure everyone's seen it by this time so I guess the lesson here is that if you're late for the party, try not to slip in vomit...or something like that, I'm very tired today...

ICandee, You Game

RuFfNeCk

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2006, 12:53:12 PM »

The "best show on TV" is back starting October 6th!

Last night during the premiere of Eureka, on the SciFi netowrk they had a "preview" of Season 3 of BSG.

WARNING!  Spoilers within!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7_ccvhY5-I

RuFfNeCk

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2006, 05:38:44 PM »

Battlestar Galactica will open Season 3 with a 2-hour premiere!

http://www.syfyportal.com/news.php?id=2760

The first two episodes will be broadcast as a television movie, continuing the events that unfolded in the final half hour of the second season finale that placed most of the Rag-Tag Fleet on a [spoiler]planet called New Caprica[/spoiler].

adamsappel

• Global Moderator
  • The Dude abides.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2006, 12:38:45 AM »

"I do not come here to have my ideas and opinions stiffled."

FLYING SE7EN

• Global Moderator
  • Danger. Zone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2006, 09:14:09 AM »

Just one more reason to love BSG.  (and Strarbuck....drooool)

adamsappel

• Global Moderator
  • The Dude abides.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2006, 04:17:46 PM »

I just finished watching the miniseries pilot. Now, I won't be coming back to this thread until I'm finished with both seasons, but I had to voice my disappointment with the lot of you. Why wasn't this excellent show brought to my attention? I swear, it's like none of you even care to promote good things. You're always about the negative!
"I do not come here to have my ideas and opinions stiffled."

iPeter

• Man Card Status: APPROVED
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2006, 12:00:13 AM »

I'm a little late in reporting this, but NBC had an episode of BSG on tonight. I looked at the description and it said, "The Story So Far" so I didn't watch it (haven't seen the end of season 2). Remind me again, will season 3 be shown on Universal-HD in a timely manner, maybe even simulcast?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15