Teh Bias

Teh Bias

• January 17, 2019, 03:52:09 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: DS game discussion  (Read 42426 times)

blackcalx

• View Profile
Re: DS game discussion
« Reply #180 on: January 27, 2009, 01:10:21 AM »

Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword has arrived and I'm looking forward to some time with it.

I also have Lock's Quest coming in the mail.  Between the two I should be kept pretty busy for awhile.

Geese

• Champion of Y-Axis inversion
    • View Profile
    • Geese's Dojo
« Reply #181 on: February 11, 2009, 06:59:23 PM »

I also have Lock's Quest coming in the mail.  Between the two I should be kept pretty busy for awhile.

Just picked up Lock's Quest last week and played the first level while waiting in line at the county services building. Excellent take on the tower defense genre.
Now Playing on XB1: Dead Rising 3, Ryse: Son of Rome

blackcalx

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 12, 2009, 01:33:59 AM »

I sent Lock's Quest off to trade after a few days.  I have nothing bad to say about the game's production value, just not my kind of game.

I'm in the third or fourth chapter of Ninja Gaiden and I'm thinking about trading it as well.  It seems a bit one-dimensional and respawning enemies drive me up a wall.  Again, the production value of the game is phenomenal.  Maybe I'm just too picky.

I've gotten over my distaste of the law system in FFTA2 and am one mission away from finishing the story.  I'll likely play through again and focus on the jobs that I neglected the first time through.

I also have Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon sitting on my desk unplayed as well as Pokemon: Diamond on the way.  My daughter is really enjoying that one so I thought I'd see what it's all about.  If I don't like it I'll get nearly the same value in trade that I paid for it.  No loss there.

blackcalx

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 14, 2009, 11:43:22 PM »

My latest e-Rewards card netted me The Dark Spire.  I didn't pre-order but got the bonus soundtrack disc anyway.  Frustratingly hard to begin, so far, but very fun.  It's like Etrian Odyssey with ten times more pain.

I also snagged The World Ends With You from Goozex.  It came in the mail today so I'll post some impressions when I have some time with it.

adamsappel

• Global Moderator
  • The Dude abides.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 14, 2009, 11:54:17 PM »

My daughter is loving Gardening Mama and my wife can't put down Puzzle Quest.
"I do not come here to have my ideas and opinions stiffled."

blackcalx

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 15, 2009, 12:04:46 AM »

My wife was enjoying Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness until my son caused her to lose weeks of progress (Save is your friend).  She's given up on it now so I'm trying to find something she might enjoy.  She's not a hardcore gamer, and I've considered Cooking Mama, but I'm not sure if that would keep her attention.

Any suggestions?

adamsappel

• Global Moderator
  • The Dude abides.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 15, 2009, 02:21:00 AM »

I think Gardening Mama is much better than Cooking Mama, though there might possibly be more to do in CM. It's a fun little diversion, but I don't think it would satisfy most grownup's gametime. Has she tried Professor Layton? That's a great puzzler. Rhythm Heaven is another favorite of my wife's, though we both find it very difficult.
"I do not come here to have my ideas and opinions stiffled."

blackcalx

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 20, 2009, 12:59:06 AM »

My wife is enjoying Anno 1701: Dawn of Discovery while I continue to work on Dark Spire. 

I bought Knights in the Nightmare and traded it after a couple of weeks.  I knew it was a niche game going in but this one was a bit too ambitious even for my tastes.

I hope to have Professor Layton coming soon with hopes that my wife and I can both enjoy it.

I still haven't put much time into The World Ends With You, but what I did play seems to be enjoyable.  I won't be investing any more time into it until I finish up Dark Spire.

If any of you enjoyed either of the Etrian Odyssey titles I would recommend Dark Spire.  Similar kind of game but even more punishing and no map drawing.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]