Teh Bias

Teh Bias

• May 27, 2019, 06:04:24 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: DS game discussion  (Read 43070 times)

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
Re: DS game discussion
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2005, 10:22:30 AM »

Mercury and Lumines are 'get into the groove' games that play better in extended sittings.   I'm not a huge sports gamer.

Stuff like the Mario minigames and Zoo Keeper are just unbeatable for a quick five minutes of play.   The PSP is an astounding technical accomplishment, and it has some great games, but Nintendo still wins for 'pick up and play'.   Next vacation I'll probably take the DS and leave the PSP at home.

Also, hauling those huge UMD discs around is a bit of a pain in the butt.   A dozen DS carts take up the same volume as one PSP game, and is a million times as durable.   Plus there's those wonderful GBA flash carts.... :)

adamsappel

• Global Moderator
  • The Dude abides.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2005, 11:49:45 PM »

Kirby: Canvas Curse is getting great reviews. Intarweb forums are equally abuzz about it. It's said to be the best stylus-controlled game on the DS. I believe I shall get it.
"I do not come here to have my ideas and opinions stiffled."

Failsafe

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2005, 08:09:23 AM »

Think I'll grab Bomberman shortly.  I really got into this during my SNES days.  I know a couple of other people with DS's as well and Bomberman features 8-player wireless action with only one copy of the game needed...NICE!

Gamespot also gave it a favourable review.

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2005, 11:50:50 AM »

I'm real interested but I don't have anybody local to play with.   I do have some guys here in town that I play Saturn Bomberman with once every year or two, but I don't think any of them have a DS.

I've been hoping for a Bomberman game with decent internet play for 10 years now.   I guess I keep waiting.

RuFfNeCk

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2005, 11:57:40 PM »

Gah.  Caved and re-bought a nice shiny blue DS system (w/ free Mario!), Polarium, Kirby & Meteos.  I wish these types of games were out when I originally got my DS.  These are the types of games that would have made me keep it.  I also caved and imported ElectroPlankton from Lik-Sang.  I have doubts it will come out here in the US anytime soon, and a video I saw of it made me REALLY want it now.

Sherbz

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2005, 01:34:42 AM »

Gah.  Caved and re-bought a nice shiny blue DS system (w/ free Mario!),

I didn't know any stores were still running that promotion. Where'd you buy it from?

RuFfNeCk

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2005, 09:36:06 AM »

Gah.  Caved and re-bought a nice shiny blue DS system (w/ free Mario!),

I didn't know any stores were still running that promotion. Where'd you buy it from?
Target.  They had no clue what I was talking about until they actually found the promotion listed on the sale slip for the DS.

MrJames

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2005, 09:42:31 PM »

According to British NGC magazine, Capcom is working on Resident Evil DS. It appears to be a remake of the original but will use the camera perspective from RE4. The touchscreen will be used for attacking enemies.

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2005, 11:16:12 AM »

According to British NGC magazine, Capcom is working on Resident Evil DS. It appears to be a remake of the original but will use the camera perspective from RE4. The touchscreen will be used for attacking enemies.

I'd give this a try, though I have no idea how I'd like the control.   I think touch control works great for Mario but only so-so for Metroid.

I'd love to see home-console remakes of the old games with RE4 camera and controls.   360 would be a nice platform since Xbox never got any RE love.

scobeto

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2005, 05:37:57 PM »

If that is the case, I just might go get one of these DS things.

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2005, 01:23:29 PM »

Microsoft/Rare developing for DS

I called this at the DS launch.   Once you see how well an N64 game like Mario 64 ports to the DS, there is really no doubt that Rare, who still releases GBA titles, would be on board.    I bet we see an enhanced port of Conker or Perfect Dark within a year, with more to follow.

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2005, 01:37:08 PM »

Chris,

What do you think of Polarium?   I'm 70 puzzles in, and I can't bear to return the overdue rental until I get 100.   Addictive stuff.

adamsappel

• Global Moderator
  • The Dude abides.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2005, 04:46:24 PM »

I also caved and imported ElectroPlankton from Lik-Sang.  I have doubts it will come out here in the US anytime soon, and a video I saw of it made me REALLY want it now.

So, has this arrived yet?
"I do not come here to have my ideas and opinions stiffled."

RuFfNeCk

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2005, 04:59:38 PM »

Chris,

What do you think of Polarium?   I'm 70 puzzles in, and I can't bear to return the overdue rental until I get 100.   Addictive stuff.
Mike, I haven't really had much of a chance to play with it yet.  Most of my DS time is made up of Meteos and Kirby at the moment.  I did get through the tutorial, and I liked the concpet of the game.  I'm looking forward to putting some more time into it.

I also caved and imported ElectroPlankton from Lik-Sang.  I have doubts it will come out here in the US anytime soon, and a video I saw of it made me REALLY want it now.

So, has this arrived yet?

Not yet Allen.  It shipped about 10 days ago, so I expect another week or so before it gets here from HK.  I'm really looking forward to it.  I'm thinking of importing "Band Brothers" as well based on some stuff that was posted on LCVG.  My only problem is that it seems to be a group kind of game, and noone I know has any interest in importing it, let alone buying a DS system.

RuFfNeCk

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2005, 09:58:03 PM »

My copy of ElectroPlankton got here today!  It's a great little time waster, that's very innovative, and just the sort of fun, pick up and "play" sort of title.  There's almost NO Japanese so anyone interested in importing won't have that to worry about.

Bear in mind that this is NOT a game, but more of a "creation" title and a music program.

I'm enjoying it immensely at the moment, as it's very calming and just fun to mess around with.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13