Teh Bias

Teh Bias

• December 13, 2018, 12:23:58 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Our new look  (Read 21020 times)

Bryan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • TehBias
Our new look
« on: July 23, 2006, 10:39:05 PM »

Surprise!

As our shiny new banner says, welcome to TehBias.com - where gamers gather. We are excited to unveil some changes that we have been working on since early March and talking about much longer! We decided that we liked the location and the neighbors, so time to throw some paint on the walls and fix a few cracks. We watched the Simple Machines beta progress and waited for a fully supported and stable version 1.1, all the while pining for a fresh look and tweaks that were important to the five of us and many of you.

My absolute favorite single thing about the new site is the bone we threw to Pieter. I challenge anyone to click that and whiff! Those beautiful buttons, the gorgeous grips (don't call them bars!), custom smileys and other new animations are courtesy of HellaBoss: Code and Creative for the Web. HellaBoss is our own Mat Hoy (username MathewH at TehBias). He had so many great ideas for jazzing up the site that putting him to work seemed like only way to shut him up (if only it had worked). You may have noticed that his forum title quietly shifted to Site Coder several months ago. The emoticons are handmade works of art and another great addition by the man. Please take a moment to thank Mat for his craftsmanship, look him up on XBox Live and add him as a preferred player. The joke is on him, because if we can get him to five stars we consider this transaction paid in full.

Please make yourself at home and kick the tires a bit. Let us know what you think. We have some more work to do, but we could keep on tweaking forever. You discuss, plan, execute and hope for teh bias!

Enjoy,

Bryan
For Jeff, Jeremy, Mike and Allen

"By respect for life we become religious in a way that is elementary, profound and alive."
Albert Schweitzer

mathewh

• Site Coder
  • Hells of gaming.
    • View Profile
    • HellaBoss
Re: Our new look
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 11:04:58 PM »

dude. 5 stars != paidInFull();  sorry.

anyway, working on the site has been an awesome experience. like brian says, i've been chirping for quite a while with some ideas about the design of the site. new throbbers, emoticons (the cheap round ones were a bit too hokey for me), changes to text, links, huge "new post" buttons, and more.

we've worked to brand the site better by using the logo in more than just the banner image @ the top. the logo can be seen cascading down the sides of the page and across the top of each post. of course, there will be some tweaking to do over the next few days (hours?), but please enjoy the new look.

thanks very much and see you on live!
-mathewh (HellaBoss on live)

**Mod note from Bryan - please clear your cache to feel the full impact of our throbbers.   :o
OMG, that's so HellaBoss

sean80

• Psychosocial
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 11:20:03 PM »

Liking the new look guys.  Very nice.  Nice work on the smileys too Mat.   :D

EDIT:  Best new additions in my opinion are the unread posts and new replies buttons and the new search bar. 

mathewh

• Site Coder
  • Hells of gaming.
    • View Profile
    • HellaBoss
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 11:22:38 PM »

heh. fanks.   :-*
OMG, that's so HellaBoss

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2006, 11:25:43 PM »

If anybody is having any visual layout issue with the site, try clearing your cache.  Also, we have a new favicon, if it isn't showing try clearing your cache and re-bookmarking the site if that doesn't work.

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2006, 11:53:06 PM »

Oh, and there is no longer any need to use special colors to make your hyperlinks stand out from the background.  In fact, it's probably better not to, since it may create confusion as to what the links are.

sean80

• Psychosocial
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 12:29:06 AM »

Just a quick comment on the favicon, when I readded the site to my bookmarks the name was, and maybe this is was your intent, "our new look" not Teh Bias.   

FLYING SE7EN

• Global Moderator
  • Danger. Zone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 12:33:18 AM »

Did you bookmark the page that you were on at the time (the "our new look" thread)??  If you go to the main page and bookmark it, you should get "tehbias.com".

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2006, 12:36:08 AM »

We have an errant interim button graphic in the PM screen, it will be replaced tomorrow.

iPeter

• Man Card Status: APPROVED
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2006, 02:34:37 AM »

Wow, looks cool everyone! And that is one hellaboss Unread Posts button. Thanks for throwing me the bone. Thom Filicia would be proud!

sean80

• Psychosocial
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2006, 06:59:13 AM »

Did you bookmark the page that you were on at the time (the "our new look" thread)??  If you go to the main page and bookmark it, you should get "tehbias.com".

Thanks Jeff.  That would be what I did.  I'll do it again.

Xx Jester 76 xX

• aka: Amazin Grace76 aka: Xx Jester 76 xX aka....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2006, 08:38:07 AM »

Nice work guys.  It took me by suprise when I clicked on my favorites and something orange started to emerge.   :P
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

-Thomas Jefferson

mathewh

• Site Coder
  • Hells of gaming.
    • View Profile
    • HellaBoss
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2006, 08:39:44 AM »

there would be a moment or 2 of confusion, yesyes. "um, isn't this supposed to be green?"
OMG, that's so HellaBoss

fetterdave

• No Hero
    • View Profile
    • Our family website
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2006, 09:26:20 AM »

I like it!  It reminds me of [nerd mode on]the Black Tiger Squadron[nerd mode off].

MrJames

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2006, 09:37:46 AM »

Looks really nice, guys. Great work.  :D

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7