Teh Bias

Teh Bias

• December 11, 2018, 07:02:51 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Comic Books aka where real men were their underwear on the outside!  (Read 19376 times)

deceptikonXXX

• Evil Prevails
    • View Profile
    • Dylan's Xbox360 Blog
Re: Comic Books aka where real men were their underwear on the outside!
« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2007, 05:26:38 PM »

Jodie Foster hates Sin City:

Besides...I seem to recall her doing a movie about a child being abducted as well. 

She also did a movie where she was raped by someone on a pinball machine in a bar while the crowd chanted "Needle Dick" in between their turns.  But that was done "proper" I suppose.   

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2007, 06:12:07 PM »

I think Foster is a good actress.  People are entitled to their opinions, I don't really pay much mind to lots of them.

blackcalx

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2007, 06:16:11 PM »

The 30 Days of Night movie got me interested in the comic and I have been really enjoying it.  It's not high-minded but the art direction is great.

sean80

• Psychosocial
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2007, 06:25:25 PM »

I think Foster is a good actress.  People are entitled to their opinions, I don't really pay much mind to lots of them.

I think she's a good actress as well.  She carried Flightplan well.  I was just making a comment about how she shouldn't knock a movie when she's done a movie about the same thing.  I'm also just tired of these actors being so self-righteous all the time. 

Phantom

• On a midnight train to anywhere.
    • View Profile
    • Band of Outsiders
« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2007, 08:30:02 AM »

I'll say this about Flightplan (and by proxy The Forgotten).
[spoiler]
At least she wasn't taken by goddamn aliens.[/spoiler]

sean80

• Psychosocial
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 10, 2010, 11:27:12 PM »

Finished reading the Y: The Last Man series today.  I really enjoyed the overall story but some of the side stories and the ending left me a little underwhelmed.  It's a cool concept and even the eventual reason for the plague that wiped out mankind isn't a total let down.

iPeter

• Man Card Status: APPROVED
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2011, 01:07:06 PM »

I just ordered my first comic book, X-Men: To Serve and Protect #3. Why this one? If you click on the link you'll see one of the "Art by" names is Eric Koda. You may have seen him on Live as Ekosphere. He's a friend of mine from 5th grade and this is his first big-time gig. He's also working on #4.

Bryan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • TehBias
« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2011, 10:50:22 AM »

I heard he drew all the shoelaces on the cover.
"By respect for life we become religious in a way that is elementary, profound and alive."
Albert Schweitzer

adamsappel

• Global Moderator
  • The Dude abides.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 01, 2011, 06:47:08 PM »

Beer Monkey introduced me to the Don Rosa Scrooge McDuck comics, recommending The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck collection. The artwork and composition is pretty amazing, particularly for the subject matter. I would never have thought Disney comic books would have this level of polish. I found this website: http://disneycomics.free.fr/index_rosa_date.php, which has scans of Don Rosa's work (as well as the original Carl Barks Donald Duck comics). If you like Asterix or Tintin, I think you'll enjoy these. Try #59, "A Matter of Some Gravity." There's a lot of inventive artwork there.
"I do not come here to have my ideas and opinions stiffled."

sean80

• Psychosocial
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 01, 2012, 11:23:38 PM »

I just read the graphic novel adaptation of the Zombie Survival Guide.  What a great book.  It basically tells stories of zombie attacks throughout history starting with cavemen to ancient Egypt to Roman Empire, all the way up to the 20th century.  Some of these stories would make a great TV show. 

I've also read the first two graphic novels from a series called The Boys from Garth Ennis.  The Boys are a group set up by the CIA to police the Superheros of the world.  I think it's a cool concept, but Ennis gets a little carried away with the violence and sex.  I'm no prude or anything like that, but I don't think it's entirely necessary all the time either.   There is a cool foreward by Simon Pegg in the first book though!

blackcalx

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2012, 11:51:44 PM »

The Boys is great, but be warned that anything from Garth Ennis (Crossed, Preacher, Jennifer Blood) will contain over-the-top sex and violence, often both in the same panel.

sean80

• Psychosocial
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 02, 2012, 07:47:42 PM »

The Boys is great, but be warned that anything from Garth Ennis (Crossed, Preacher, Jennifer Blood) will contain over-the-top sex and violence, often both in the same panel.

Oh yeah.  I've read some of his Punisher MAX stuff. 
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]