Teh Bias

Teh Bias

• December 11, 2018, 06:30:19 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What music are you listening to right now?  (Read 6287 times)

sean80

• Psychosocial
    • View Profile
Re: What music are you listening to right now?
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2010, 06:15:30 PM »

Tron Legacy soundtrack for what must be at least the 7th time by now.  It is really quite awesome.  Daft Punk did an excellent job here.

Also, if you haven't checked out Florence and the Machine yet, you really should.  They kick ass.

ChromaTick

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2010, 01:12:50 AM »

Also, if you haven't checked out Florence and the Machine yet, you really should.  They kick ass.

Totally.  It's one of the few times I discovered a band before they got uber famous/popular. lol

Glockdeucedeuce

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2010, 02:16:04 PM »

Listening to the new Senses Fail, "The Fire" currently.
Go Go hawt sauce!

adamsappel

• Global Moderator
  • The Dude abides.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2010, 02:44:31 PM »

Robert Plant Band of Joy is pretty good. I had it in my Amazon cart at $2.99, but forgot about it and when I pressed "Buy" it had gone up to $5.99.  :P
"I do not come here to have my ideas and opinions stiffled."

scobeto

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2010, 09:58:51 PM »

Robert Plant Band of Joy is pretty good. I had it in my Amazon cart at $2.99, but forgot about it and when I pressed "Buy" it had gone up to $5.99.  :P

That is funny. I forgot about a game I put in my cart a month or two ago, King's Bounty: The Legend. I added some books and other stuff for my son's birthday last month and didn't realize the game was in there until I checked out. I figured I'd just give him that, too.

I've learned that Wish List is your friend.

iPeter

• Man Card Status: APPROVED
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2011, 08:52:33 PM »

Thanks to Bryan, I've been listening to James all day. Here are my Top 10 James songs in ABC order:

Avalanche
Five-O
I Wanna Go Home
Ring the Bells
Say Something
Sit Down
Sometimes
Sound
Tell Her I Said So
Tomorrow

blackcalx

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2011, 01:32:45 AM »

Back in December I had a chance to see The Builders and the Butchers in concert in Portland (Oregon).  I had never heard of the headlining band Murder By Death but my friend and I decided to listen to a few songs and give them a chance before heading home.  I'm glad that we did as they have quickly become my favorite band. 

They label themselves "American Gothic", and across the five albums they have released there is an interesting shift into alt-western.  Imagine rock with a Johnny Cash sound with the prominent addition of dark cello.  Each album seems to have a theme, for example the second album tells the tale of the devil taking over a small South Western town and the fourth retells The Odyssey but with a western feel. 

It's definitely not country but the Western roots are there.  I cannot recommend this band enough. 

The Builders and the Butchers are great as well.  I think of it as new folk (banjo, mandolin feature strongly in the sound) with a Jello Biafra sound-alike on vocals. 

Bryan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • TehBias
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2011, 03:46:19 PM »

Hey, me too!

Thanks to Bryan, I've been listening to James all day. Here are my Top 10 James songs in ABC order:
"By respect for life we become religious in a way that is elementary, profound and alive."
Albert Schweitzer

Pages: 1 [2]