Teh Bias

Teh Bias

• May 24, 2019, 04:48:50 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: American Dad  (Read 2128 times)

adamsappel

• Global Moderator
  • The Dude abides.
    • View Profile
American Dad
« on: February 07, 2005, 12:32:57 AM »

Whoo boy, this show was a real stinker. I can see why they set it up to debut after midnight. This is from the same mind that created the hilarious Family Guy? I might have, maybe, once or twice, smiled. I don't see much room for improvement, either. None of the main characters are particularly appealing, and hoping for a "wacky neighbor" is never a good sign. I hope the quality of the new Family Guy episodes hasn't fallen off proportionally.

And the Simpsons episode wasn't much better.
"I do not come here to have my ideas and opinions stiffled."

Failsafe

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: American Dad
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 07:39:23 AM »

Gonna watch them both tonight.  Doesn't sound good though.  :(

iPeter

• Man Card Status: APPROVED
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2005, 12:04:45 PM »

I laughed uproariously at The Simpsons two videogame references, especially when Donkey Kong (Homer) started throwing barrells at Mario (an Italian tourist). Mario was jumping over the barrells, found a hammer and started smashing them, then climbed Bart's treehouse to victory!

The second videogame reference was a Superbowl halftime production of the marriage of Mr and Mrs Pac-man. The dance sequence with the newly married couple and the ghosts was hilarious.

Then there was the reveal of Comic Book Guy's name! The conversation basically goes like this (oh, and he's wearing a "Nerds do it rarely" t-shirt):

"What's your name?"
"John Arbuckle (I forgot what it actually is!), but everyone calls me Comic Book Guy."

So everything's going great. We get a few snide gags about The Passion of the Christ. Homer blows the Superbowl halftime show, and then the thing just ends. It was a non-ending, I tell you! Boo!

Then we get the terrible American Dad preview. After about 15 minutes the mob at my house ruled that the show was crap and we started playing Resident Evil 4 instead.

Pieter

scobeto

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 05:21:32 AM »

"What's your name?"
"John Arbuckle (I forgot what it actually is!), but everyone calls me Comic Book Guy."

Isn't that the name of the guy in the Garfield comic strip?  :o

scobeto

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2005, 05:22:55 AM »

"What's your name?"

Isn't that the name of the guy in the Garfield comic strip?  :o

edit

:-[

NM, didn't pay any attention to the disclaimer in quotes.

;D