Teh Bias

Teh Bias

• March 25, 2019, 07:37:58 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Resistance: Fall of Man (PS3)  (Read 8356 times)

MrJames

• View Profile
Resistance: Fall of Man (PS3)
« on: October 14, 2006, 02:42:59 PM »

Gameinformer has posted several in depth videos showing off the multiplayer aspect of this game.

http://gameinformer.com/News/Media/Media.htm?CS_pid={4833E94D-34D8-4E90-B4AB-23B52F08948C}

Mirrors have been uploaded to Youtube

VID 1 (Menu And Settings Part One)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xKWvK0v3J0

VID 2 (Menu And Settings Part Two)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHOkyzElbVw

VID 3 (Player Stats)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2GVuQYXoxs

VID 4 (Breach Match Part One)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1O4uZvBmW0

VID 5 (Breach Match Part Two)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MAE1vgGP3Y

VID 6 (Chimera Demo)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkjJpq2dcpw

Geese

• Champion of Y-Axis inversion
    • View Profile
    • Geese's Dojo
Re: Resistance: Fall of Man (PS3)
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 02:34:06 PM »

Now Playing on XB1: Dead Rising 3, Ryse: Son of Rome

sean80

• Psychosocial
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 06:57:19 PM »

Finished this today. While the single player was fairly short, it was a lot of fun to play through.  The controls were good, nice graphics and the sound was great.  I really loved the music.  The story was good but nothing special.  There were definitely a lot of intense firefights in this game.  The weapons, especially the Chimeran ones were very cool and different.  Even some of the human weapons were fun to use as well.  The ending was good but [spoiler]very Half Life 2ish[/spoiler].  I would definitely recommend that everyone check this one out if they can. 

fetterdave

• No Hero
    • View Profile
    • Our family website
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 07:45:10 PM »

Preview those posts, Sean!

sean80

• Psychosocial
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 08:10:22 PM »

Thanks Dave.   :-[  Don't worry, I wasn't really giving anything away. They're just similar, not exactly the same.   

One thing I should add though if you finish the game, sit through the credits.  There's a surprise at the end like they do with movies nowadays. 

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 11:29:06 AM »

My Blockbuster clerk says they only have one copy and that it's the sole PS3 game that is checked out ALL of the time.

I'm probably going to just buy it this weekend.  I have tons of GR credit that needs to be used for something anyway (I won't use it for hot new 360 or Wii titles because they get them like two weeks late).

It'll be nice to play through the SP at my own typical leisurely pace anyway.

So starting next week I'll probably be up for Resistance online maybe once a week for an hour or two.  There's still lots of other gaming that I have to fit in during my limited time.

RuFfNeCk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 12:03:34 PM »

Mike, it's a great game.  Single player is really well done, and the multiplayer is fantastic.  I stand by my opinion that it's the best of CoD2 combined with the best of Halo 2.  The maps are large and detailed, and the weapons and team modes are fantastic.

sean80

• Psychosocial
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 12:25:01 PM »

Definitely a worthwhile purchase.  It's just a real shame co-op isn't online.

I don't understand though how your Blockbuster is always so under stocked.   It's like they think they're in a town of 5 people or something.  Mine has about 5-6 copies of it. 

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2007, 12:27:58 PM »

Definitely a worthwhile purchase.  It's just a real shame co-op isn't online.

I don't understand though how your Blockbuster is always so under stocked.   It's like they think they're in a town of 5 people or something.  Mine has about 5-6 copies of it. 

I dunno.  They have six copies of Marvel Ultimate that are never, ever checked out.  There's no logic there.

sean80

• Psychosocial
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2007, 03:45:45 PM »

It's not like PS3 games are hard to find anywhere else.    Must be the people running the store. 

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2007, 03:53:52 PM »

It's not like PS3 games are hard to find anywhere else.    Must be the people running the store. 

Well, they are probably assuming that the PS3 has about 1/6 of the install base of the 360 currently and only ordering 1/6 as many copies of titles.

They would be right in that assumption, but Resistance is considered THE game for the PS3 and everybody is going to want it, whereas the 360 owners will be renting a variety of titles.

I think the big problem is that they don't order more copies when they realize that they underestimated demand.

sean80

• Psychosocial
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2007, 04:04:17 PM »

New content coming for Resistance in April:

The downloadable content, according to Harrison, will extend the current story of Resistance while adding new locations to the game. We imagine that this includes new multiplayer maps as well. Now if this content is well received -- and we don't know how much this additional content will cost -- Harrison says it'll "keep the engagement with the game going between now and should there be a sequel at some point in the future."

I love this game and most definitely welcome new content.  Hopefully it'll be like the MP pack for Blast Factor, and we can download it through game sharing. 

sean80

• Psychosocial
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2007, 02:04:13 PM »

New online play goodies for Resistance were released today.  No maps but there are two new game types and a round balancing feature.  We may need to download these before we play tonight even if we don't try them out.   

sean80

• Psychosocial
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2007, 11:04:35 PM »

Looks like Insomniac's last update has been causing lots of problems.  Last week we had people who couldn't get into games and this week I had those problems.  The PS3 forums have lots of other problems people are having since the latest update, including mysterious suicides.  Hopefully they can get this problem fixed soon. 

Geese

• Champion of Y-Axis inversion
    • View Profile
    • Geese's Dojo
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2007, 08:41:23 AM »

Sorry you were having Resistance online issues, Sean. I had a lot of fun with my first PS3 online outing with friends and a headset. Definitely my 'vanilla DM' game of choice right now.
Now Playing on XB1: Dead Rising 3, Ryse: Son of Rome
Pages: [1] 2