Teh Bias

Teh Bias

• March 25, 2019, 08:20:03 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Upcoming PSN Content  (Read 25800 times)

sean80

• Psychosocial
    • View Profile
Upcoming PSN Content
« on: January 08, 2007, 04:55:27 PM »

Midway has 6 games set to be released on PSN: Mortal Kombat II, Gauntlet II, Joust, Rampage World Tour, Rampart and Championship Sprint.   Each game will have online playability that will be handled by Sony Online Entertainment.   If reasonably priced, I think Rampart could be a lot of fun online. 

sean80

• Psychosocial
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming PSN Content
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 01:12:36 AM »

Received an e-mail from Sony about a new version of GT HD being available.  Here's what it had to say:

Version 1.1 is now available for download,
which refines the gameplay experience in Time Trial mode and the accuracy
of lap times within the online rankings. Since online ranking results
recorded by version 1.1 players will be given priority, it is highly recommended
that you download and install it if you are playing the earlier version.
Please note that version 1.1 is compatible with existing game save data,
allowing you to race your previously unlocked cars.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and hope you enjoy
Gran Turismo HD Concept.

Unfortunately you have to redownload the entire file from what I can tell and not just a patch. 

sean80

• Psychosocial
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 04:58:36 PM »

Some new stuff coming to the PSN but this is the one I care about the most:

Other upcoming content includes a Blast Factor multiplayer pack ($3.99), .........Players should also keep their eyes open for a new God of War II trailer in the future.

Does anyone know if the game sharing include downloadable packs like this as well?  Either way, I'll get this. 

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 05:10:09 PM »

Hopefully the packs do work with game sharing.  It is $2.99 here.  If the multiplayer is online as rumored, I'm there.  I like Blast Factor.

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 01:31:03 PM »

Many will salivate at online playable MK2, but for me, online Rampart is the definite must buy.  I'm a bit bummed about the exclusivity though.

Each title was specifically chosen because of its multiplayer capability, allowing players to experience each of these classics with their friends in the comfort of their own living room, or anywhere else through an internet connection. All of the titles will be offered for PLAYSTATION 3 system download exclusively through the PLAYSTATION Network.

I guess that means platform exclusivity, at least for a time period.

For those who don't know Rampart, here's a little more info on the arcade versions.  I used to play this on the Lynx using system link with a friend!

IGN has a detailed preview.

Quote from: IGN
Rampart: Best. Game. Ever. We played all six games on test hardware and our favorite, by far, was Rampart. The basic concept of the game is building walls around castles using a Tetris-like timed construction mode, then button mashing cannon shots to the guy across the way. It's so simple, but so addicting. We can't wait to have this at home and party like it's 1990. The game was originally trackball-based and ported perfectly to the analog. It works, approved! Two player premodern RTS bliss. If this game catches on it would be cool to see USB trackball support added on in the future.

They damned well better support the three-player dedicated arcade version, not the two-player conversion kit.

Quote from: IGN
So what's new? Online multiplayer support out of the box, trashtalking via Bluetooth mic, and competitive leaderboards -- with more coming soon. SOE would not comment on price or exact release date for each title, but you can expect "somewhere between $1 and $10" with releases trickling in starting in March.

Voice chat?  Whew, that's a relief.  And with game sharing, these should be dirt cheap.

sean80

• Psychosocial
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 11:29:19 AM »

Blast Factor multiplayer pack is out today:

The $3 pack lets gamers choose from a variety of grudge and coop modes and support up to four players. You can also play with up to a 150 percent speed increase. It probably goes without saying that you need to have Blast Factor to use the multiplayer pack. So I won't say it.

I hope it has online too but I'll most likely pick it up anyways.  Hopefully it falls under game sharing. 

I can't wait for Rampart as well.  I used to play it on a friend's Genesis all the time back in the day.  That's pretty sweet it's going to have voice chat. 

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 11:35:44 AM »

The Blast Factor multiplayer pack doesn't have online.  I'm fine with picking it up through game sharing, though.

sean80

• Psychosocial
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 11:40:52 AM »

As long as Chris is in agreement too, I'm fine with picking it up through game sharing even with out the online.  I'll try and grab it some time tonight, unless you want to do it first. 

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2007, 11:43:48 AM »

Oh, supposedly it has some advanced difficulty options where you can crank the speed up as high as 150%.  I'm at a class tonight, go ahead and grab it if you want.

RuFfNeCk

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2007, 11:46:02 AM »

I'm ok with that.  I keep meaning to dump some money into the fund, but I always forget.  I'll contribute some on my next payday.

sean80

• Psychosocial
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2007, 11:59:48 AM »

Cool.  I'll try and give the co-op a quick run tonight with my bro.  I'm also curious to try out the grudge modes.

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2007, 01:27:57 PM »

Mortal Kombat II is coming to PSN for $4.99.

UMK3 and SF2 are $10 on XBLA.  I can't see Midway wanting such price disparity if the revenue models are the same.  Maybe Sony is subsidizing titles to keep prices low, or charging no royalties while the service gets rolling.  Either way, hopefully this forces a little price competition.

sean80

• Psychosocial
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2007, 04:06:59 PM »

Plus with the game sharing, $5.00 divides up very nicely.   I'm not a big fan of fighters that much anymore but at that price, it's hard to say no.

sean80

• Psychosocial
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2007, 11:13:21 AM »

Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection is out today on the PSN for $20.00US. Yay!!!  ;D   If only it had online play though. 

Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2007, 04:27:59 AM »

OK, I have a PS3 on the way to me now, so know nothing about PSN yet.

Can someone explain Game Sharing to me? Multiple people from different systems sharing a single downloaded game?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9