Teh Bias

Teh Bias

• January 17, 2019, 03:59:47 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Upcoming PSN Content  (Read 25420 times)

Bryan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • TehBias
Re: Upcoming PSN Content
« Reply #120 on: May 06, 2010, 01:22:44 PM »

I have the same sentiment Chris has about Netflix - on the Wii.  It sucks to have to put the disk in, but having our instant watch queue there for the kids is awesome.
"By respect for life we become religious in a way that is elementary, profound and alive."
Albert Schweitzer

RuFfNeCk

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 06, 2010, 03:23:01 PM »

I have the same sentiment Chris has about Netflix - on the Wii.  It sucks to have to put the disk in, but having our instant watch queue there for the kids is awesome.
USB loading of Netflix Wii FTW. Interface still sucks though.

Geese

• Champion of Y-Axis inversion
    • View Profile
    • Geese's Dojo
« Reply #122 on: June 09, 2010, 08:22:53 AM »

Joe Danger is a PSNetwork exclusive. $14.99

Game Informer gave it a 9.0 and IGN gave it a 9.5

I picked it up, and can recommend it for people who enjoyed Trials HD on 360 (or for people who wished Trials HD had racing against opponents, which Joe Danger supports in 2-player splitscreen)

Complete with a ton of levels and a level editor. Joe Danger offers many more reasons to replay levels than Trials HD did. Trials only gave points based on your time, whereas JD has many different goals for each level ranging from getting all the stars, keeping your combo meter alive, hitting all landing targets, and even a direct ripoff of the Red Coins from Mario games.

I think Trials was a tougher game than JD is, which might appeal to a more causal audience. I'm enjoying the outdoor/vibrant environment/upbeat music of JD right now.

Now Playing on XB1: Dead Rising 3, Ryse: Son of Rome

Geese

• Champion of Y-Axis inversion
    • View Profile
    • Geese's Dojo
« Reply #123 on: July 01, 2010, 07:12:20 AM »

Got an email about Playstation Plus this morning:

"PlayStation®Plus includes cool stuff like Full Game Trial where you can try before you buy. Or, enjoy early access to select demos and games, as well as priority beta invites. Best of all, the value pays off with killer exclusive discounts, free games and free downloads from PlayStation®Store. All free games and add-ons are yours to keep and use the entire time you are a PlayStation®Plus subscriber. All this, and much more."

Seriously - that was the most vague description of a service. There actually wasn't one single, concrete example of what the service gets you.

And could they PLEASE stop calling the games they offer "free"???

"All free games and add-ons are yours to keep and use the entire time you are a PlayStation®Plus subscriber."

Translation: "Give us money, and we'll give you free games. Keep the free games as long as you continue to give us money."
Now Playing on XB1: Dead Rising 3, Ryse: Son of Rome

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 01, 2010, 09:21:53 AM »

Seriously - that was the most vague description of a service. There actually wasn't one single, concrete example of what the service gets you.

And could they PLEASE stop calling the games they offer "free"???

"All free games and add-ons are yours to keep and use the entire time you are a PlayStation®Plus subscriber."

Translation: "Give us money, and we'll give you free games. Keep the free games as long as you continue to give us money."

adamsappel

• Global Moderator
  • The Dude abides.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 04, 2010, 10:39:32 AM »

Awesome! Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath is coming to PSN!

TheSixthAxis is delighted to reveal the next step in Just Add Water’s Oddworld revamp with an “enhanced remake” of the award-winning Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath coming to PlayStation 3 next Easter.

Stranger’s Wrath was originally released in 2005 on the Xbox, and marks the first time since 1998 that we’ve seen an Oddworld game on a PlayStation console. The game will be available on the PlayStation Store.

“Since word got out that we’ve been working with Oddworld Inhabitants there have been many rumours circulating about what we’re working on. Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath is the first project in what we believe will be a long and fruitful relationship,” said JAW’s Stewart Gilray.

“Having the chance to update this great title and release it on PS3 is just a brilliant opportunity, not least for us, but for the fans too.”

Stranger’s Wrath will support 720p visuals with added character detail, fancy effects like normal mapping and self shadowing and plenty of new bonus content. The game will also support the PlayStation Move.

This was one of the games I was really disappointed was never made backwards-compatible.

"I do not come here to have my ideas and opinions stiffled."

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 06, 2010, 03:15:11 AM »

Awesome! Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath is coming to PSN!

That is tremendously awesome.  I'll either get the PC version or a later XBLA version (if it happens) because there's no fucking way I'm playing that game with the PS3 controller.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]