Teh Bias

Teh Bias

• May 27, 2019, 05:21:44 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Upcoming PSN Content  (Read 26121 times)

Matt

• View Profile
Re: Upcoming PSN Content
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2007, 04:00:03 PM »

Along with Rampart, Calling All Cars is going to be out today as well.

Man, for a while, it felt like I'd never see it on my PS3! Can't wait to finally get it.

Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2007, 04:07:27 PM »

I would definitely be down for some of that gamesharing action.

I'll create a new account this evening, and use it to buy Calling All Cars, so if anyone wants to join up with me and start sharing some stuff, let me know.

Alternately, if someone has an account already set up that they'd like to share with me, let me know, and Calling All Cars is on me!

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2007, 08:12:14 PM »

I would definitely be down for some of that gamesharing action.

I'll create a new account this evening, and use it to buy Calling All Cars, so if anyone wants to join up with me and start sharing some stuff, let me know.

Alternately, if someone has an account already set up that they'd like to share with me, let me know, and Calling All Cars is on me!

mrpig, sparkz, geese and possibly others should definitely be interested if they want CaC.  'Game sharing' on PS3 is definitely something that everybody should try to get into (major savings!).  I only wish we could only join the same game sharing club but the limit on five licenses and the fact that there is the possibility to lose licenses if somebody's PS3 dies is something you have to account for.  Some of our members might be interested in belonging to multiple 'clubs' if they are interested in different games (for example, we could have a PS1 sharing club for only the members that are interested in old PS1 games).

One good thing is that even if somebody's PS3 does die we only burn a license on the older games that the club has bought together, and not on titles that are bought after that.  The savings are so huge that I don't even mind the risk of re-buying some old title at full price if too many systems die.  Realistically I would only buy certain old titles once enough time has passed and I lose interest.

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2007, 09:11:29 PM »

It appears, unless I'm missing something, that the way to play Calling All Cars online with friends is to create password-protected games.  I will always use the password 'tehbias' with no spaces, if this is the situation, and will encourage other members to do the same.

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2007, 09:33:08 PM »

I'll be back on in a bit.

Chris has been creating a room called 'TEHBIAS.COM' with a password of 'tbdotcom'.

I can deal with that even though I want to stab David Jaffe in his heart with a dull butter knife.

sean80

• Psychosocial
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2007, 11:51:07 PM »

It would be nice if the voice chat worked properly in Calling All Cars.  I could hear Chris but he couldn't hear me.  I think Mike was having problems too.  Chris was using a USB headset and we were using bluetooth headsets and that may have been the problem.  It was fun playing it online though.  Some how I wonder if Home is going to improve Sony's online or make things worse.

Sparkz

• Bichon Wii-mote
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2007, 09:34:53 AM »

How are Rampart and Calling All Cars?  I watched the game videos and they didn't get me too excited.  I'll admit that games like Twisted Metal or Mario Cart aren't my favorites, so my view could be skewed because of that.  And I really didn't follow what was going on in Rampart, I've never played it before.  From the description I thought it would be like Warlords on the 2600, but after watching it, I'm not so sure.

RuFfNeCk

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2007, 10:36:26 AM »

How are Rampart and Calling All Cars?  I watched the game videos and they didn't get me too excited.  I'll admit that games like Twisted Metal or Mario Cart aren't my favorites, so my view could be skewed because of that.  And I really didn't follow what was going on in Rampart, I've never played it before.  From the description I thought it would be like Warlords on the 2600, but after watching it, I'm not so sure.
CAlling All Cars is great.  It's like a simplified mish mash of Twisted Metal, CTF and RC Pro-AM.  Great fun, and easy to pick up and play.

Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2007, 10:39:15 AM »

I can deal with that even though I want to stab David Jaffe in his heart with a dull butter knife.

Because of Calling All cars or just in general?

Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2007, 10:41:44 AM »

Calling All Cars is great.  It's like a simplified mish mash of Twisted Metal, CTF and RC Pro-AM.  Great fun, and easy to pick up and play.

Agreed. I played CAC for about 3 straight hours overnight (combination of single-player and online multi) and it really is a fantastic, chaotic game.

It's a bargain at $10, and easily worth twice that.

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2007, 06:27:44 PM »

Because of Calling All cars or just in general?

Just the poor online implementation as far as not supporting friend invites, etc.  Xbox had better online in 2002.  This is ridiculous.  Resistance has awesome online but everything else is so hit-and-miss at this point.

Regarding Rampart, I've heard it is very glitchy online.  This is a game that I've always liked the single-player on as well, though, so I still enjoy it.  But I'd enjoy it a lot more if they implemented proportional analog control for the cursor!  I'm stunned, this is a trackball game and they didn't even make an effort to provide decent controls.  All control is eight-way digital and the same speed even if you use the thumbstick.  They do give you a 'fast cursor' button so you essentially have two speeds but the fast cursor is too fast for me and not customizable.

And Rampart doesn't have voice chat.  Sigh...

sean80

• Psychosocial
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2007, 08:13:57 PM »

Motorstorm has a pretty good online.  The one thing it has over Resistance, and I do realize it came out after, is the automatic friends list where in Resistance, you have to recreate your friends list in game. 

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2007, 08:48:53 PM »

Oh, and FWIW, I think Calling All Cars is brilliant.  As soon as they work out the headset bugs I'd like to play plenty of matches online.

sean80

• Psychosocial
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2007, 04:39:29 PM »

For anyone who is interested, Rampage World Tour is available for $4.99. I think this is one I'm passing on, although it does offer 3 player online.

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2007, 04:14:30 PM »

Possible fix for CaC headset problems:

1)  Delete your CaC save file.  The bad configuration is saved in the file.
2)  Make sure your headset is working in the XMB.
3)  Start a new CaC save file.

I haven't had a chance to try this yet, but if it works I'd love to get some games going.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9