Teh Bias

Teh Bias

• March 25, 2019, 08:54:42 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Killzone (PS3)  (Read 8401 times)

FLYING SE7EN

• Global Moderator
  • Danger. Zone.
    • View Profile
Re: Killzone (PS3)
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2009, 08:43:42 PM »

nice to hear about the control scheme patch.  I really didn't like the schemes in the demo.

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2009, 08:45:42 PM »

Thanks for the updates, Mark.  I'm trying to get my hands on this over the next few days (yeah, I know THAT'S...).

I guess this means I shouldn't stay offline and avoid the patch just to run up MAD LEVEL UPS against bots.

RuFfNeCk

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2009, 11:39:25 PM »

Yeah, KZ2 is pretty awesome.  I still hate the DS3 for FPS games, and the minor level loads every few minutes are annoying, but this is easily one of the best looking games available on any system IMO.

My only complaint is - Do they really need to swear as often as they do?  Listen, I'm no saint when it comes to language, but it's like Guerrilla just wanted to throw every bad word into the dialogue every few minutes.

sean80

• Psychosocial
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2009, 11:45:27 PM »

My only complaint is - Do they really need to swear as often as they do?  Listen, I'm no saint when it comes to language, but it's like Guerrilla just wanted to throw every bad word into the dialogue every few minutes.

They probably figure it adds realism to have soldiers swear every other word.  I've noticed in Lost and the Damned that there is far more swearing than the original GTAIV and I didn't know that was possible.  Rockstar probably just figures bikers need to swear like that too. 

RuFfNeCk

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2009, 07:54:55 AM »

They probably figure it adds realism to have soldiers swear every other word.  I've noticed in Lost and the Damned that there is far more swearing than the original GTAIV and I didn't know that was possible.  Rockstar probably just figures bikers need to swear like that too.

Well, with L&D it seemed natural.  With KZ2 it seems out of place.  More like "Look, a rock!  FUCKASS!"  or "I have to use the SHIT FUCK ASS bathroom!"

Of course these aren't real quotes, but that's how it feels.

Actually, if those were real quotes I'd probably think it was the greatest game ever.

Bryan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • TehBias
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2009, 10:08:26 AM »

Maybe the voice talent has Tourette Syndrome?
"By respect for life we become religious in a way that is elementary, profound and alive."
Albert Schweitzer

adamsappel

• Global Moderator
  • The Dude abides.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2009, 12:48:58 PM »

Finished the single-player campaign. Good game, I liked it a lot. 10h21m finish time, though it's generally considered a 6h game for most.
"I do not come here to have my ideas and opinions stiffled."

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2009, 11:30:29 AM »

I played for about a half hour, I really don't like the controls.  Ideally I was hoping for something that felt like CoD.  I'm not sure how much of my discomfort is from the PS3 controller itself or the coding.  The game sure is beautiful, though.  I will spend some more time playing it this weekend to see if I get more comfortable with it.

Control preference is a very personal thing, so YMMV, of course.

Geese

• Champion of Y-Axis inversion
    • View Profile
    • Geese's Dojo
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2009, 11:45:15 AM »

I played for about a half hour, I really don't like the controls.  Ideally I was hoping for something that felt like CoD.  I'm not sure how much of my discomfort is from the PS3 controller itself or the coding.  The game sure is beautiful, though.  I will spend some more time playing it this weekend to see if I get more comfortable with it.

Control preference is a very personal thing, so YMMV, of course.

Yeah, KZ3 simply doesn't "feel" like COD. However, you can at least choose the control scheme that allows you to use L1 as the zoom, which  IMHO is the best control scheme for KZ3.
Now Playing on XB1: Dead Rising 3, Ryse: Son of Rome

adamsappel

• Global Moderator
  • The Dude abides.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2010, 12:18:48 AM »

If anyone is interested in the Killzone 3 beta:

KZ3 beta for free on Indian PSN Store

The Indian PSN Store has a glitch... It allows you to download the KZ3 beta from the PSN+ section even if you're not a PSN+ member.... Grab the beta before it's nuked !!!!

On the Indian PSN Store go into the second tab on the left titled smth like PSN+ , then look on the right hand side.. the 4 icon should be for KZ3 beta... click on it and then click on the Download button... And NO you *don't* have to be a PSN+ member for this download to begin

I think once you have the beta installed, you can play it with any of your sign-ins.

adamsappel

• Global Moderator
  • The Dude abides.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2010, 10:21:06 AM »

Unfortunately, Rajesh Pakar's download capped out at 19%, and the beta has been removed from the Indian Playstation store. Namaste.

Geese

• Champion of Y-Axis inversion
    • View Profile
    • Geese's Dojo
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2012, 07:38:59 AM »

This flew in under the radar for me...but a few days ago I considered buying (again, since I traded it long ago) Killzone 3 used, just for the offline MP vs bots. Gamestop had it for $17.99 used...but I also noticed that you can buy, directly in the Sony Marketplace, Killzone 3 MP as a standalone product (apparently since March-ish 2012). It's $14.99, and comes with ALL the DLC maps. And yes, it has offline vs bots.

Great deal, IMO.
Now Playing on XB1: Dead Rising 3, Ryse: Son of Rome

adamsappel

• Global Moderator
  • The Dude abides.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2012, 10:26:00 AM »

This intrigues me. I definitely have no desire to go up against the public, but offline bots could be fun. Of all FPS, Killzone's weapons have the most "heft" and behave the most realistically (though that's not always a fun thing).

Pages: 1 [2]