Teh Bias

Teh Bias

• December 15, 2018, 05:01:43 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: TehBias Concert Thread  (Read 14573 times)

FLYING SE7EN

• Global Moderator
  • Danger. Zone.
    • View Profile
Re: TehBias Concert Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2007, 02:27:41 PM »

scobeto

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2007, 04:49:52 PM »

Pics from last night's show....

http://www.rollingstone.com/photos/gallery/16622276/van_halen_reborn_reunion_tour_ope/1

Wow. Kinda sad that Wolfgang is the one that is in the worst physical condition, isn't it?

Sparkz

• Bichon Wii-mote
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2007, 03:25:30 PM »

The Maryland Symphony Orchestra is kicking off its season this weekend.  My wife is the principal 2nd violin.  I'm going to the Saturday night concert.  They are performing Smetana's Bartered Bride Overture, Dvorak's Symphony No. 7, and Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto No. 1.

They only perform 7 concert weekends a season, October - April.  I try to attend about half of them.

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2007, 03:53:32 PM »

I'm going to see Porcupine Tree in a couple of weeks, for the second time.  They are my favorite currently active band, and they put on an awesome show.

sean80

• Psychosocial
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2007, 05:53:41 PM »

Never heard of Porcupine Tree.  How would your describe their sound? 

I'm hoping to see Dropkick Murphys in November.  I have a feeling these guys probably put on a fun show and at only $25.00, it's a deal compared to most concerts these days. 

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2007, 06:33:14 PM »

Never heard of Porcupine Tree.  How would your describe their sound? 

Uh..beats me.

I don't know of full audio-only songs on the web but of course there is always YouTube, here are a couple:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sUnAxegUJu0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sUnAxegUJu0</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/2FATY4dDw28" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/2FATY4dDw28</a>

Failsafe

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2008, 09:04:30 PM »

Mary and I are going to see Def Leppard on 04/13.  Styx and REO Speedwagon will be there too!  Awesome! 8)

Bryan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • TehBias
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2008, 12:03:11 AM »

Totally tubular!
"By respect for life we become religious in a way that is elementary, profound and alive."
Albert Schweitzer

sean80

• Psychosocial
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2008, 01:00:23 AM »

Just got back from the Foo Fighters show in Toronto.  Now I've always liked their stuff but never been a huge fan but these guys put on one hell of show.  Over 2 hours of music.  They had a stage at the one end of the arena with a cat walk to the middle of the arena that we later found out led to small circular stage where they performed a semi-accoustic set 1/2 way through the show. 

Highlight of the show though was about one third of the way through when Alex Lifeson and Geddy Lee of Rush came out and played YYZ with the Foo's drummer.  That's right...a guest appearance by F'N RUSH.  The place went crazy.   8)

The opening acts were Hifi Handgrenades (not so good) and Against Me! (they put on a good set full of energy). 

Xx Jester 76 xX

• aka: Amazin Grace76 aka: Xx Jester 76 xX aka....
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2008, 01:07:17 AM »

Wow that sounds pretty cool. 
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

-Thomas Jefferson

Bellatrix

• View Profile
    • Maremy's Blog Has Moved! Check it out...
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2008, 10:07:52 AM »

The Foo Fighters have really grown on me recently, ever since their single "The Pretender" was released. Jeremy and I tried to get tickets to their concert at the John Labbatt Centre in London, Ont. but they were sold out by the time we decided we wanted to go!

On a side note, turns out it was a good thing we didn't get tickets because when they played at the JLC on Thursday night, we both would have been way too sick to go. We're both getting over head colds and I'm recovering from a ruptured ear drum (come to think of it, the loudness of the concert probably would not have been good for that either :(!).

We're going to see Def Leppard in April through, and I'm really looking forward to that :D!

Failsafe

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2008, 06:14:03 PM »

Mary and I are going to see Def Leppard on 04/13.  Styx and REO Speedwagon will be there too!  Awesome! 8)

Stupid band illness.... *grumble, grumble* ???

Def Leppard has announced that due to an upper respiratory tract infection affecting the bandıs lead singer, Joe Elliott, the band will be postponing their upcoming Canadian tour dates. The bandıs tour, which was arranged in support of their new album release, kicked off earlier this month with the Canadian leg scheduled to commence this evening in Quebec City.

Elliott has been suffering with an upper respiratory tract infection for the past two days and has been advised by doctors that he needs to rest.

"I am disappointed that we can't perform the shows in Canada," said Joe Elliott. "The band and I really look forward to coming back to play soon."

The following Def Leppard dates are postponed:

Fri. April 11th - Quebec City, QC (Colisee Pepsi Arena)
Sat. April 12th - Ottawa, ON (Scotiabank Place)
Sun. April 13th - Hamilton, ON (Copps Arena)
Wed. April 16th - Winnipeg, MB (MTS Centre)

Def Leppard hopes to resume their North America tour on April 18th in Grand Rapids, MI.

sean80

• Psychosocial
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2008, 03:50:21 PM »

Oh hells yeah...got a ticket to Crue Fest in Toronto on August 28.  Opening for Motley Crue are Trapt, Buckcherry, Papa Roach and Nikki Sixx' side project Sixx A.M.   This is going to kick ass!!!!  8)

scobeto

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2008, 04:01:04 PM »

The Crue definitely rocks balls.

Bellatrix

• View Profile
    • Maremy's Blog Has Moved! Check it out...
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2008, 06:04:16 PM »

An update on the Def Leppard concert Jeremy and I are going to:

• We received word that it will be on August 6th
  • REO Speedwagon and Styx will NOT be there :)
HOWEVER
  • Billy Idol WILL BE THERE!!! A very good substitute!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4