Teh Bias

Teh Bias

• December 11, 2018, 05:49:38 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Academy Awards Bitch Fest  (Read 16149 times)

scobeto

• View Profile
Re: Academy Awards Bitch Fest
« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2011, 09:12:36 PM »

I thought The Social Network was fantastic. The cinematography, music, art direction, writing. It was a really well-made film.

I loved The Social Network too.  One of the best from 2010.

Like I said, I didn't not like it. I think I can agree with all the things you said, Allen, but I just don't think the subject was that compelling for me. I don't give a shit about Zuckerberg, the twins, his bff, or Facebook in general. When it ended, I didn't have the "Wow. That was a good fucking movie!" feeling I get when I see a good fucking movie.

I think it may be personal and the fact that the appeal of Facebook and Twitter and other WTF are you doing this second? interfaces is as foreign to me as the Chinese alphabet.

iPeter

• Man Card Status: APPROVED
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2011, 07:51:22 PM »

Jeremy and I tied for first in our iPhone app pool! Where's our gift bag?

iPeter

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2011, 09:39:45 PM »

There is another new twist coming to the Best Picture category next year. The category will now have a flexible number of nominations between 5 and 10 based on the percent of votes a film gets. So lean years with only 5 standouts will have 5 nominations, but if more deserve recognition, then 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10 films will be in contention. I like it.

iPeter

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 08, 2011, 09:46:12 PM »

Apparently Brett Ratner was to produce next year's Academy Awards, recently made some un-PC remarks, and has since stepped down. Crisis averted. Still, Eddie Murphy is set to be the host. Should be great!

iPeter

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 09, 2011, 08:41:20 PM »

And now Eddie Murphy has dropped out as host. The Tower Heist gang is out. Who would you like to see replace him as host? And don't say James Franco!

Bellatrix

• View Profile
    • Maremy's Blog Has Moved! Check it out...
« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2011, 09:10:06 AM »

I would LOVE to see Billy Crystal back as host but I don't think that will happen. I'm thinking Conan O'Brien would be a good choice.

iPeter

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2011, 12:18:19 PM »

Your wish came true, Mary! Brian Grazer is producing and Billy Crystal is hosting... for now.

Bellatrix

• View Profile
    • Maremy's Blog Has Moved! Check it out...
« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2011, 10:29:26 AM »

Your wish came true, Mary! Brian Grazer is producing and Billy Crystal is hosting... for now.

Yay!! I was quite happy when I heard the news  :D I certainly hope he stays as the host, too!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]