Teh Bias

Teh Bias

• January 17, 2019, 11:03:42 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Left 4 Dead (PC, X360)  (Read 27662 times)

Geese

• Champion of Y-Axis inversion
    • View Profile
    • Geese's Dojo
Re: Left 4 Dead (PC, X360)
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2008, 09:17:25 AM »

I think I read that Chris was downloading the L4D demo on XBL today - please share some feedback if anyone gets to play it!

Yeah, especially if the demo supports private co-op!
Now Playing on XB1: Dead Rising 3, Ryse: Son of Rome

RuFfNeCk

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2008, 12:58:52 PM »

If you preordered the game at Gamestop </shill> (or on Steam) you get access to the L4D demo a week before anyone else (or so I've heard).  Got my code last night, and been playing it all day.

It's 2 levels from the first act of the game.  Playable online, or single player.  And the game supports 2 player split screen for co-op sessions.

And its good.  Played through a few times, and different things wee always happening.

I cannot wait for the 18th!

RuFfNeCk

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2008, 09:26:51 AM »

Bryan and I played through the L4D demo last night after GoW2, and it is damn good.  It's actually a little stressful, what with never knowing when and where the Horde is going to show up at.

sean80

• Psychosocial
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2008, 02:11:54 PM »

From what Chris has told me about the game so far, I cannot wait to play it.  Might not be for a bit though when taking $$$ into consideration.

Phantom

• On a midnight train to anywhere.
    • View Profile
    • Band of Outsiders
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2008, 07:03:44 PM »

Anyone going to be playing the PC version?  That's probably what I'll be buying.  But I'll definitely rent the 360 to get in some games with TB.  And the WG Stable.

Bryan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • TehBias
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2008, 07:39:16 PM »

L4D is going to be off the hook fantastic!  I loved every second of the demo and playing with friends will be awesome.  Chris and I had a great time.
"By respect for life we become religious in a way that is elementary, profound and alive."
Albert Schweitzer

sean80

• Psychosocial
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2008, 06:52:10 AM »

This game is AWESOME!!!  I think this is the FPS version what Resident Evil: Outbreak wanted to be.  It's definitely got some tense moments when you don't know where the zombies are coming from next.  It's almost like playing a video game version of 28 Days Later or the Dawn of the Dead remake with the fast zombies.  I'll definitely try to pick it up within the next few weeks.

Geese

• View Profile
    • Geese's Dojo
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2008, 07:29:41 AM »

This game is AWESOME!!!  I think this is the FPS version what Resident Evil: Outbreak wanted to be.  It's definitely got some tense moments when you don't know where the zombies are coming from next.  It's almost like playing a video game version of 28 Days Later or the Dawn of the Dead remake with the fast zombies.  I'll definitely try to pick it up within the next few weeks.

I agree with everything said here, and would add in a bunch of "x2" and "x4" modifiers.

md femme fatale

• Wicked Warrior!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2008, 08:47:51 AM »

I tried the demo last night and I would agree that it is an awesome game!

Glockdeucedeuce

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2008, 08:56:07 AM »

WORD.   AWESOME!?!?!1!!
Go Go hawt sauce!

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2008, 11:56:07 PM »

Put me in the awesome camp, can't wait for the full game to be delivered.  It's so nice to see that the controls and framerate are nice and tight, too.  Valve is really serious about the 360 and I'm glad to see it.

fetterdave

• No Hero
    • View Profile
    • Our family website
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2008, 07:51:02 AM »

I had a great time playing co-op in the demo last night.  I think playing it by myself would scare the bejeezus out of me, though.

adamsappel

• Global Moderator
  • The Dude abides.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2008, 09:25:59 AM »

I can't even play this demo in the daytime!
"I do not come here to have my ideas and opinions stiffled."

Geese

• View Profile
    • Geese's Dojo
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2008, 09:32:49 AM »

Played it quite a few times on both 360 and PC now. It's just a great game. The PC recognizes the 360 gamepad, but unfortunately doesn't support rumble. My money will be going to the 360 version. Sorry, PC.

I've been ramping up the difficulty and having a lot of fun with it. The first time you play, it's great because you honestly don't have any idea where you are going. Then, once you learn the levels, it's still great, because now you are conflicted with searching for ammo/items, or just making a bee-line for the exit.

You can't just sit around, because the zombie just keep coming at you. However, you can't go TOO fast, or you'll just run into packs of them and get too many at one time to handle.

The "AI Director" is really good. It's not like playing a level of COD where you know where the sniper is or where a rocket guy will jump out. You really have no idea when [spoiler]the hunters, smokers, boomers, or that hulk/thing looking guy [/spoiler] will attack, or from where.

I love how the AI also follows YOU. They won't go on ahead without you, but wait for you to decide where to go.

I love the mayhem of trying to keep from friendly-firing your teammates whenever the horde attacks.

Just a great game all around. And this is just the demo.

Bryan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • TehBias
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2008, 10:49:06 AM »

I am over the moon with the quality of the demo.  The controls are great and very intuitive when you are getting bashed by zombies from all angles.  The "director" really adds infinite replayability as well.

Two One thumb up - the other one must have been eaten!
"By respect for life we become religious in a way that is elementary, profound and alive."
Albert Schweitzer

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11