Teh Bias

Teh Bias

• May 27, 2019, 06:04:51 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Titan Quest: Immortal Throne  (Read 1570 times)

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
Titan Quest: Immortal Throne
« on: July 07, 2008, 03:16:48 PM »

Because it's time to leave the Diablo 3 thread alone.

I'm at Delphi.  Holy cow, this game just continues to dazzle with the visuals.  I'm playing at 1920x1200 with full detail.  The game is sick looking, I've never seen graphics of this quality in a 3/4 view game.  There was a time when 2D really was the best for games like this but that time is past.

Anyhoo.  I'm a level 12 of the hunter+dream schools (Haruspex?).  I swear I didn't choose this class for power, it just sounded neat, but I'm starting to feel that it's a bit imbalanced at this level.  Monster bowling sure is fun, though.  Hero monsters still give me a workout, and sometimes I retreat the wrong way and end up in a mob that I can't keep up with.  The last boss killed me a few times but I feel more in control now.  We'll see.

If there are any major imbalances I'm guessing they involve the Dream mastery since that is the one that was added for the expansion.

As far as skills go I'm leaning hard on the distortion wave, ensnare, and takedown.  I put most of my attribute points towards strength and dexterity.

What are you guys playing?

Geese

• Champion of Y-Axis inversion
    • View Profile
    • Geese's Dojo
Re: Titan Quest: Immortal Throne
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 03:27:25 PM »

What are you guys playing?

I didn't realize (until you mentioned it) that Immortal Throne expansion actually added functionality to the original campaign. I'll be waiting to play until my Gold copy hopefully arrives later this week.
Now Playing on XB1: Dead Rising 3, Ryse: Son of Rome

Phantom

• On a midnight train to anywhere.
    • View Profile
    • Band of Outsiders
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 04:24:50 PM »

Is this available on Steam?  Because that might make it easier to hunt down the dual copy then to stake out at Target/GS/BB/CC/WalMart.

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 04:45:55 PM »

Is this available on Steam?  Because that might make it easier to hunt down the dual copy then to stake out at Target/GS/BB/CC/WalMart.

Yep, $20 for the Gold Pack (game + expansion).

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 12:32:11 PM »

I'm all about the spear and the bow.  Anybody need a Fell Blade?  I found one.  I think I've got a rare club as well.

The Fell Blade is something like this (according to online, though I know bonuses can vary somewhat):

23-27 Damage
10% Piercing
Speed: Fast

18% Poison Resistance
+21 Offensive Ability
+14% Attack Speed
+60% Damage to Demons
+2 to Lethal Strike

Required Level: 10
Required Dexterity: 94
Required Strength: 105