Teh Bias

Teh Bias

• December 13, 2018, 12:43:07 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Netflix Streaming Service  (Read 9962 times)

Glockdeucedeuce

• View Profile
Netflix Streaming Service
« on: July 15, 2008, 08:11:45 AM »

Hopefully it'll be good and they will update it with all the new releases as opposed to Netflix's current streaming video service.  Don't get me wrong, I like me some B- and C-Movies, but come on.  Gimme new release please.  You know? 
Go Go hawt sauce!

Geese

• Champion of Y-Axis inversion
    • View Profile
    • Geese's Dojo
Re: Netflix Streaming Service
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 08:29:43 AM »

Hopefully it'll be good and they will update it with all the new releases as opposed to Netflix's current streaming video service.  Don't get me wrong, I like me some B- and C-Movies, but come on.  Gimme new release please.  You know? 

I have a feeling it's going to be equal to the current service. I doubt Netflix is going to offer exclusivity on some of it's titles to 360 users and leave their non-360 users out in the cold. This new arrangement will definitely bring in new subscribers for them. However, if they started to drastically increase the number of streaming videos available, they would possibly end up losing revenue in the amount of users who reduce their multi-DVD/BR rental agreement to a basic streaming one.

I don't doubt that Netflix is slowly moving towards a total streaming service, but I don't see it happening immediately with the 360 partnership.
Now Playing on XB1: Dead Rising 3, Ryse: Son of Rome

mathewh

• Site Coder
  • Hells of gaming.
    • View Profile
    • HellaBoss
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 08:33:15 AM »

the closest thing we have to netflix here is called zip.ca and it is basically the same thing. at least i don't think you can do netflix here.
OMG, that's so HellaBoss

Failsafe

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 09:11:29 AM »

the closest thing we have to netflix here is called zip.ca and it is basically the same thing. at least i don't think you can do netflix here.

Nope.  And I doubt we'll have access to this service for a long while, if ever.

vortech

• Resident Grouch
    • View Profile
    • Piratenews.network
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 11:35:32 AM »

I have a feeling it's going to be equal to the current service. I doubt Netflix is going to offer exclusivity on some of it's titles to 360 users and leave their non-360 users out in the cold. This new arrangement will definitely bring in new subscribers for them. However, if they started to drastically increase the number of streaming videos available, they would possibly end up losing revenue in the amount of users who reduce their multi-DVD/BR rental agreement to a basic streaming one.

I don't doubt that Netflix is slowly moving towards a total streaming service, but I don't see it happening immediately with the 360 partnership.
Not to mention that XBOX live is selling new release rentals. 

Geese

• View Profile
    • Geese's Dojo
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 12:33:56 PM »

Geese

• View Profile
    • Geese's Dojo
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 04:33:09 PM »

Thanks a lot SONY!  (Columbia pictures blocks streaming movies to Xbox)

vortech

• Resident Grouch
    • View Profile
    • Piratenews.network
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 06:00:22 PM »

That sucks, but even so I'm sorta amazed at the selection.  I never payed too much attention to my instant queue because I use Macs and I don;t like watching stuff on a computer, but there are more than 100 things in my instant queue from the auto copy of the regular queue items that have an instant option and about 15 minutes of poking around the instant recommendations.  I could actually use some sort of sorting or culling on the xbox application. 

Geese

• View Profile
    • Geese's Dojo
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 10:02:11 AM »

FURIOU5 D

• Still gets grass-stains.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2008, 10:34:22 AM »

Splicershock

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2008, 08:30:58 AM »

The movie selection could be a bit better, but there are some relatively "new" releases, at least compared to others they have on there.  (e.g. I have the Grindhouse movies - Deathproof and Planet Terror - on my queue, for some reason I could never bring myself to actually rent them...) 

However, the TV series you can get are pretty sweet.  I missed getting into 30 Rock in the first  couple seasons, so being able to watch these is great, plus you can have The Office, Heroes, or whatever else on demand via your XBox - not bad for those nights you're just  bored out of your mind and nothing else is on...

Overall I think it's pretty sweet so far, but lets see of the selection can keep up, it's attraction could grow stale if they're slow to update their streaming inventory.

Bryan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • TehBias
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2008, 08:47:21 AM »

Boxee is very close to bringing Netflix streaming to the AppleTV.  This may be the thing that makes me

1.  Get an AppleTV

2.  Sign up for Netflix
"By respect for life we become religious in a way that is elementary, profound and alive."
Albert Schweitzer

Geese

• View Profile
    • Geese's Dojo
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2008, 09:55:58 AM »

However, the TV series you can get are pretty sweet.  I missed getting into 30 Rock in the first  couple seasons, so being able to watch these is great, plus you can have The Office, Heroes, or whatever else on demand via your XBox - not bad for those nights you're just  bored out of your mind and nothing else is on...

Overall I think it's pretty sweet so far, but lets see of the selection can keep up, it's attraction could grow stale if they're slow to update their streaming inventory.

Also, some of the TV Series like 30 Rock and Office are streamed in full HD, which is totally sweet.

vortech

• Resident Grouch
    • View Profile
    • Piratenews.network
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2008, 11:53:23 AM »

coughnotreallyfullHDwhateverthatmeanscough

I got an TV this week, but boxee is dragging their feet on giving me a membership… Also, my TV does not have as many component inputs as I thought, so now I have to wait on a HDMI switcher.  It's still neat having it hooked up to my bedroom SD tv, though.  Suuuuuper quiet.  I wish the menus were more focused on revealing my content than getting me to buy more from Apple.  Of course, I have a similar complaint about the NXE. 

Out of curiosity, why would the TV with Netflix get your attention, but not the 360 that you already own?

Geese

• View Profile
    • Geese's Dojo
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2008, 12:32:55 PM »

coughnotreallyfullHDwhateverthatmeanscough

Ok, more accurately, it streams in widescreen, formatted for 16:9, DVD quality. ;)

Out of curiosity, why would the TV with Netflix get your attention, but not the 360 that you already own?

Yeah, what up wit 'dat?
Pages: [1] 2 3