Teh Bias

Teh Bias

• December 13, 2018, 12:23:33 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Netflix Streaming Service  (Read 9961 times)

Bryan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • TehBias
Re: Netflix Streaming Service
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2009, 05:16:18 PM »

I would like to give it a try as well, if there is another one floating out there.

TWSS.

Thanks in advance!
"By respect for life we become religious in a way that is elementary, profound and alive."
Albert Schweitzer

FLYING SE7EN

• Global Moderator
  • Danger. Zone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2009, 07:11:56 PM »

Looks like a 2 week trial also.  Hopefully you'll get some sort of credit for it.

Thanks a lot!

J.

Bryan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • TehBias
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2010, 12:08:00 PM »

More streaming content on the way!  Oh yeah, you will be waiting a month for new disc releases (so what).
"By respect for life we become religious in a way that is elementary, profound and alive."
Albert Schweitzer

Geese

• Champion of Y-Axis inversion
    • View Profile
    • Geese's Dojo
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2010, 12:28:34 PM »

I got my streaming disc for Wii the other day. Works fine. Not HD of course, but it definitely works. Now all 3 of my consoles stream Netflix!
Now Playing on XB1: Dead Rising 3, Ryse: Son of Rome

iPeter

• Man Card Status: APPROVED
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2011, 06:40:43 PM »

Dear Pieter,

We are separating unlimited DVDs by mail and unlimited streaming into two separate plans to better reflect the costs of each. Now our members have a choice: a streaming only plan, a DVD only plan, or both.

Your current $24.99 a month membership for unlimited streaming and unlimited DVDs (including Blu-ray access) will be split into 2 distinct plans:

Plan 1: Unlimited Streaming (no DVDs) for $7.99 a month
   Plan 2: Unlimited DVDs (including Blu-ray), 4 out at-a-time (no streaming)
              for $26.99 a month

Your price for getting both of these plans will be $34.98 a month ($7.99 + $26.99). You don't need to do anything to continue your memberships for both unlimited streaming and unlimited DVDs.

These prices will start for charges on or after September 1, 2011.

You can easily change or cancel your unlimited streaming plan, unlimited DVD plan, or both, by going to the Plan Change page in Your Account.

We realize you have many choices for home entertainment, and we thank you for your business. As always, if you have questions, please feel free to call us at 1-888-357-1516.

–The Netflix Team

You've gotta be kidding me! I'm not paying $35 a month for movie rentals. I'll be investigating other options, thank you.

scobeto

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2011, 08:58:50 PM »

I thought the DVD option was just $2 more?

We canceled our cable and now just have over the air digital and Netflix and Hulu Plus. Hulu PLus is irritating because, despite paying $8 per month, they break up everything you watch with ads.

adamsappel

• Global Moderator
  • The Dude abides.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2011, 09:29:50 PM »

The DVD option was just $2 more. Now, it's a separate service. I'll be canceling it, considering I've had the same DVD for the past four months, unwatched.
"I do not come here to have my ideas and opinions stiffled."

Geese

• Champion of Y-Axis inversion
    • View Profile
    • Geese's Dojo
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2011, 07:25:43 AM »

We canceled our cable and now just have over the air digital and Netflix and Hulu Plus. Hulu PLus is irritating because, despite paying $8 per month, they break up everything you watch with ads.

Same here. Canceled cable 3 months ago, using Netflix and the 3-4 over-the-air HD channels we get with the antenna.

The Netflix thing sucks for many, but doesn't directly affect me. I only do the streaming option anyways.

I actually have quite a few other friends who have gone the same route. I think I'm more worried about this causing the cable companies to jack up internet rates - essentially putting me back to where I was before I canceled cableTV.
Now Playing on XB1: Dead Rising 3, Ryse: Son of Rome

scobeto

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2011, 06:29:07 PM »

I know many people who are doing this (ditching cable for streaming).

Rather than raise internet fees, companies should lower prices to compete. $60+ a month just to watch TV? Most of it is crap anyway.

Pages: 1 2 [3]