Teh Bias

Teh Bias

• December 13, 2018, 01:12:31 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: TB has been blocked by work's content filter  (Read 2421 times)

Sparkz

• Bichon Wii-mote
    • View Profile
TB has been blocked by work's content filter
« on: August 04, 2008, 09:07:12 PM »

I know I haven't posted in a while.  I'm usually in lurk mode, and have mostly been skimming through unread posts while on lunch breaks at work.  Over the weekend, the IT department upgraded its website content filtering, and I was surprised this afternoon to learn that I can no longer access tehbias while at work.  For whatever reason it has been flagged as "non job related content".  It really made me think how much I appreciate this site, and I will miss not have access during the day.  I made myself a promise that I will try to be more active and at least check in once a day in the evenings.

Bryan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • TehBias
Re: TB has been blocked by work's content filter
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 09:52:22 AM »

That stinks!  I thought you were going to say it was because of Jeff's filthy mouth.

Does anyone have tips for getting around this?  Can we apply to become listed as a philanthropic domain / charity?
"By respect for life we become religious in a way that is elementary, profound and alive."
Albert Schweitzer

Sparkz

• Bichon Wii-mote
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 12:49:31 PM »

I'm so smart.  I type in tehbias.com and it gets blocked, but look what happens when I type http://www.tehbias.com/forum/index.php is ok.  Yay, I can read TB at work again.

Failsafe

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 01:46:05 PM »

I'm so smart.  I type in tehbias.com and it gets blocked, but look what happens when I type http://www.tehbias.com/forum/index.php is ok.  Yay, I can read TB at work again.

Way to stick it to The Man! :D

vortech

• Resident Grouch
    • View Profile
    • Piratenews.network
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 02:42:07 PM »

The bad news is that probably means it's not a content filter, but someone who was monitoring you.