Teh Bias

Teh Bias

• March 19, 2019, 01:44:18 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis (DS)  (Read 2014 times)

sean80

• Psychosocial
    • View Profile
Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis (DS)
« on: March 24, 2009, 08:25:11 PM »

Just finished this one today after swiping it from my girlfriend on the weekend.  :)  I haven't played the first one, so I don't know what kind of game it is, but this one is very much like Lemmings.  You have to get your mini-Marios through the exit in each level.  The most you have on one level though is usually 4 or 5 (a few have 6 or 7), so it doesn't have quite the numbers that Lemmings does.   

I'm a big fan of Lemmings, so I really enjoyed this even though as I said it doesn't have the number of characters and you also don't have the tasks you do in Lemmings, i.e. diggers, builders, etc.  You do have to manipulate the playing board though and it's all done very well with the stylus.  Controlling the minis with the stylus is pretty easy too although if they're tightly bunched up, it's a little hard to control specific ones.

The levels start off pretty easy and get very tough as you progress through the game.  There are 8 floors of 8 levels, plus a minigame and then the boss fight against DK.  I'd say I put about 6 hours into this game tops to get it finished.  I haven't played with the level maker yet and the game does have Wi-fi too.  I do recommend you check out this game but at a lower price. 

Bryan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • TehBias
Re: Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis (DS)
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 10:42:22 AM »

Liam and Xander are both playing this now and they love it!
"By respect for life we become religious in a way that is elementary, profound and alive."
Albert Schweitzer