Teh Bias

Teh Bias

• July 22, 2018, 01:52:54 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: MMO for wife and daughter?  (Read 2545 times)

adamsappel

• Global Moderator
  • The Dude abides.
    • View Profile
MMO for wife and daughter?
« on: June 23, 2009, 02:24:05 AM »

My wife and daughter are just starting to get into Free Realms. Seems like a nice, innocuous free MMO. They chose it over Wizard101, as it seemed less scary. 
"I do not come here to have my ideas and opinions stiffled."

adamsappel

• Global Moderator
  • The Dude abides.
    • View Profile
Re: MMO for wife and daughter?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 12:12:51 PM »

Any suggestions for another MMO or fantasy title that they could play together? It seems like they prefer exploring and discovery, but not so much specific quests or combat. I think WOW might be too scary for a 6-year-old. I know my wife is eventually going to play it, so she might as well start her addiction now. Is there anything similar on a console? My wife finds the controller intimidating, though.
"I do not come here to have my ideas and opinions stiffled."

Glockdeucedeuce

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 02:11:49 PM »

Hello Kitty online?
Go Go hawt sauce!

Geese

• Champion of Y-Axis inversion
    • View Profile
    • Geese's Dojo
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 03:29:46 PM »

Adventure Quest, Dragon Fable, MechQuest are all great flash-based RPG's. Adventure Quest Worlds is a flash-based MMO-lite.

They're all very simple to learn and play.

Dragon Fable and MechQuest are my favorites (play them during lunch sometimes). They're free, but you can purchase a lifetime sub (with perks) for a very reasonable one time fee (I think it's less than 30 bucks). AQWorlds, unfortunately, charges a monthly fee for it's premium version. They're all made by the same folks, and they're always being updated with new content.

Check out DF and MQ if you want a sampling of the quality of their flash-work. Adventure Quest is their first work, and it's a mixed bag. The oldest content in AQ looks very amateurish. However, DF and MQ look really good.
Now Playing on XB1: Dead Rising 3, Ryse: Son of Rome

FURIOU5 D

• Still gets grass-stains.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 11:05:36 PM »

Free Realms maybe?

I don't know much about MMOs.  I know this one is, you guessed it, free.  And the art style looks kid friendly.

Glockdeucedeuce

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 02:20:36 PM »

Lego universe online just came out.  I have heard the Disney Pirates of the Caribbean MMO is fun (free).
Go Go hawt sauce!

Geese

• Champion of Y-Axis inversion
    • View Profile
    • Geese's Dojo
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 04:05:42 PM »

Lego universe online just came out.  I have heard the Disney Pirates of the Caribbean MMO is fun (free).

PotC is decent for a free MMO. I actually played it for a few hours.  Played a bit in the Lego beta. Would be interested in Lego if it were free-to-play as well. It's just hard (ok impossible) to justify another $14.99 a month on top of WoW.
Now Playing on XB1: Dead Rising 3, Ryse: Son of Rome