Teh Bias

Teh Bias

• September 26, 2018, 05:11:09 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Lucasarts on Steam!  (Read 2066 times)

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
Lucasarts on Steam!
« on: July 06, 2009, 02:23:05 PM »

These games hit Steam this Wednesday, July 8!

• Armed and Dangerous™
• Indiana Jones® and the Fate of Atlantis
• Indiana Jones® and the Last Crusade: The Graphic Adventure
• LEGO® Indiana Jones: The Original Adventure
• LOOM™
• Star Wars Battlefront® II
• Star Wars Republic Commando®
• Star Wars Starfighter™
• The Dig®
• Thrillville®: Off the Rails™

The Secret of Monkey Island SE lands next week on the 15th.

Press Release

No pricing is announced yet.

Phantom

• On a midnight train to anywhere.
    • View Profile
    • Band of Outsiders
Re: Lucasarts on Steam!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 07:58:27 PM »

Oooo!  The Fate of Atlantis you say?

Bryan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • TehBias
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 07:33:02 AM »

I still have the retail box for Last Crusade - with the grail diary and the little decoder.  That is one of my all time favorites.  They are hinting support for Mac and possibly iPhone, so I am going to pass on the steam releases for now.
"By respect for life we become religious in a way that is elementary, profound and alive."
Albert Schweitzer

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 10:34:17 AM »

If you like Last Crusade you'll LOVE Fate of Atlantis.

The new Last Crusade is a never-before-released version with more bugfixes and TANDY 1000 SOUND ENGINE support.

Geese

• Champion of Y-Axis inversion
    • View Profile
    • Geese's Dojo
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 10:16:49 AM »

Loom is one of the Lucasarts games now available on Steam. Quick background on Loom - skip if you already know this or aren't interested in classic adventure gaming...Loom originally shipped on floppies and was 16 color EGA for PCs. Then, a special CD edition came out which sported full 256 color VGA graphics, and full voice acting. It was a beautiful combination. Well, the CD went out of production and eventually Loom only was available through a greatest-hits compilation from Lucasarts, although the version in the compilation was the 16 color EGA version. Then a patch came out that would upgrade your floppy version to the CD version with 256 color VGA and voice.  Even if you manage to locate the patch files to upgrade your EGA version to VGA, the "voice addon pack" is nigh-impossible to find. (BTW, upgrading your EGA to VGA without the sound pack results in a pretty version with absolutely NO sound) Even with the proliferation of "less than respectable" channels to acquire classic games on the internet, the full VGA+voice version of Loom remains one of the toughest versions of Loom to acquire. Do a search on ebay for "loom pc cd game" and you'll see that the real version goes for $60.00+

The point of my rambling is that I just purchased Loom via Steam for $4.99 and I can confirm that it is the full VGA + FULL VOICE version.

Sweet.
Now Playing on XB1: Dead Rising 3, Ryse: Son of Rome