Teh Bias

Teh Bias

• January 17, 2019, 03:52:56 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: MAG - Massive Action Game  (Read 2386 times)

Xx Jester 76 xX

• aka: Amazin Grace76 aka: Xx Jester 76 xX aka....
    • View Profile
MAG - Massive Action Game
« on: February 03, 2010, 09:49:57 AM »

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/mag/review.html

Any of our resident FPS veterans try this yet?  It sounds like it could be really awesome or really friggin' annoying...  I'd be interested in a rental at least.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

-Thomas Jefferson

Geese

• Champion of Y-Axis inversion
    • View Profile
    • Geese's Dojo
Re: MAG - Massive Action Game
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 10:14:32 AM »

Any of our resident FPS veterans try this yet?  It sounds like it could be really awesome or really friggin' annoying...  I'd be interested in a rental at least.

I only played the Beta, but if you are a fan of the rock-solid controls of Modern Warfare, then MAG might not feel that good.

Also, in my experience, more players does not automatically equal more fun.
Now Playing on XB1: Dead Rising 3, Ryse: Son of Rome

Xx Jester 76 xX

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 10:53:15 AM »

I only played the Beta, but if you are a fan of the rock-solid controls of Modern Warfare, then MAG might not feel that good.

Also, in my experience, more players does not automatically equal more fun.

Yeah, that's the part that I thought might be annoying.  Plus, most FPS games seem to deteriorate into an every man for himself match even if there are group objectives involved.  That's why I always play Free for All in MW2 unless the TehBias crew is on.  Seems likes the concept is good, but wasn't sure about the execution.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

-Thomas Jefferson

adamsappel

• Global Moderator
  • The Dude abides.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 11:06:12 AM »

Too many FPS at the same time. It looks intriguing, but I just don't have the time or money to add another to the rotation.
"I do not come here to have my ideas and opinions stiffled."

Xx Jester 76 xX

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 11:09:04 AM »

Too many FPS at the same time. It looks intriguing, but I just don't have the time or money to add another to the rotation.

Agreed.  Also, is it sad to say I'd be more willing to give it a shot on the 360???  I still don't even have a head set for my PS3.  It's a great Blu Ray player though.  :P

-Thomas Jefferson