Teh Bias

Teh Bias

• March 26, 2019, 12:24:30 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

I'm curious about what percentage is still unsold on it.

No PS3 - Unconvinced
- 3 (15%)
No PS3 - but want one
- 4 (20%)
I Have a PS3
- 13 (65%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Who still doesn't have a PS3?  (Read 8557 times)

fetterdave

• No Hero
    • View Profile
    • Our family website
Re: Who still doesn't have a PS3?
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2010, 03:04:13 PM »

Let's be honest here: the only reason any of us have a PS3 is because we're super excited about being there for the launch of PLAYSTATION MOOOOOOOOOOVE.

Xx Jester 76 xX

• aka: Amazin Grace76 aka: Xx Jester 76 xX aka....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2010, 03:21:14 PM »

PSN has Trophies, which are functionally (hah) the same as achievements. 

They fail....

I agree with most of what everyone has said...  I just don't enjoy my PS3 for much of anything except Blu Ray.  I only have one b/c I got bored with the Wii (twss) and traded it in and threw some extra cash towards a used 40gb PS3. 

Like Brian, I like playing MLB The Show, but I won't be getting it this year.  I don't have enough time/money to spend on more than one system.  I can't put my finger on it, but everything with the PS3 just seems like a hassle compared to the ease of use of the 360.  Even downloading a demo sucks b/c you still have to install it.

I'm not ever going to play multiplayer on a unit that forces me to spend another $50- $70 for a frickin' blue tooth.  I also agree with Peter that I have a need for achievements even if I'm not a total acheivement whore.  Trophies aren't visible enough.  Even with some of the exclusives, it just isn't enticing enough for me to drop the cash or time on them.  Plus, the controller feels too small in my big American hands and I hate the joysticks and most of the control settings in the games I have played. 

This is as close as I've come to feeling like a fanboy, but it is what it is...
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

-Thomas Jefferson

iPeter

• Man Card Status: APPROVED
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2010, 03:29:13 PM »

Oh ya! Totally forgot to complain about the controller. I don't like it.  :P

Xx Jester 76 xX

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2010, 03:38:00 PM »

Oh ya! Totally forgot to complain about the controller. I don't like it.  :P

Hahahaha   :D
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

-Thomas Jefferson

Geese

• Champion of Y-Axis inversion
    • View Profile
    • Geese's Dojo
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2010, 04:57:58 PM »

Yeah...the controller. I really wish there was an adapter to use the 360 controller on PS3. But as far as the bluetooth headsets - they aren't as good as the wireless setup on 360, but you can get a decent headset for around $30 now. However, it's annoying to have to worry about batteries in both my controller AND my headset.

I did enjoy Uncharted 2 co-op, and at some point I'll play Resistance 2 co-op. Other than that, it's pretty much a SP/bluray player.

Playing FF13 right now. Enjoying the visuals and gameplay, gritting my teeth through the dialogue.

And it's never RROD'd.  :)
Now Playing on XB1: Dead Rising 3, Ryse: Son of Rome

vortech

• Resident Grouch
    • View Profile
    • Piratenews.network
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2010, 05:30:11 PM »

I feel like all I'm doing is apologizing for the PS3 at this point, and that was not the plan, but is it really so hard to get a BT earpiece?  I have 2 spare ones because the dang things are so ubiquitous.  Amazon appears to have hundreds of listings for headsets under 10 bucks.  I mean, I'm sure they're shit, but so is the official 360 one.  Wireless headset is a good idea, but the 360 one disconnects if I turn my head the wrong way (no kidding) so I mostly use the wired one.  I have no idea how things are on the PS3 since I have never once done online gaming with itů

I'm also non-judgementally curious about how the trophies are less visible than the achievements.  They sure take up a much larger percentage of your user profile. 

RuFfNeCk

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2010, 05:33:28 PM »

Yeah...the controller. I really wish there was an adapter to use the 360 controller on PS3.
There is.

I'll have to dig up the name of it, but it allows you to use a wired 360 controller on the old fat PS3s.

*EDIT*

It's called the XCM Cross Battle Adaptor Plus.

http://www.xcm.cc/xcm_cross_battle_adapter_plus.htm

And it works with all PS3 models AFAIK. Works wonders according to the folks I know who've purchased it. 

Xx Jester 76 xX

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2010, 06:55:53 PM »

I feel like all I'm doing is apologizing for the PS3 at this point, and that was not the plan, but is it really so hard to get a BT earpiece?  I have 2 spare ones because the dang things are so ubiquitous.  Amazon appears to have hundreds of listings for headsets under 10 bucks.  I mean, I'm sure they're shit, but so is the official 360 one.  Wireless headset is a good idea, but the 360 one disconnects if I turn my head the wrong way (no kidding) so I mostly use the wired one.  I have no idea how things are on the PS3 since I have never once done online gaming with itů

I'm also non-judgementally curious about how the trophies are less visible than the achievements.  They sure take up a much larger percentage of your user profile. 

The point with the headsets is that it should have come with one.  They weren't $10 or $30 when I got my PS3.  It's not a shit system, I just enjoy the 360 a lot more.  That's saying a lot since I'm on my 3rd one.  Again, I can't put my finger on it, I just don't get excited about turning on the PS3 for anything other than movies.  I was always a PS1, PS2 guy before my PS2 repeatedly died on me and I switched to the original 360.  I even thought about waiting for the PS3 instead of getting a 360, but my impatience for "next gen" gaming caused me to overpay for an ebay 360 after gamestop (or microsoft) screwed up my pre-order.  After playing Xbox Live it's hard to play PSN...  even with all of Live's warts and like others here, multiplayer gaming is a big factor for me.

-Thomas Jefferson

Xx Jester 76 xX

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2010, 07:00:24 PM »

Yeah...the controller. I really wish there was an adapter to use the 360 controller on PS3.
There is.

I'll have to dig up the name of it, but it allows you to use a wired 360 controller on the old fat PS3s.

*EDIT*

And it works with all PS3 models AFAIK. Works wonders according to the folks I know who've purchased it. 

The Cross battle adapter is an adapter to allow you to connect your Xbox 360 wired controller to your PS 3 console for use with PS3 games.

Does anyone have a "wired" 360 controller?

-Thomas Jefferson

Failsafe

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2010, 08:34:06 PM »

Two of them right here! w00t!

Sparkz

• Bichon Wii-mote
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2010, 08:46:58 PM »

I love my PS3.  I have 3 times as many Bluray movies as games, but I enjoy it as a gaming machine as well.  One of my favorite games of all time is Eye of Judgment, a PS3 exclusive.  Singstar is a great party game.  I haven't tried GOW3 yet, but will soon.  Sure the 360 is great for MP Shooters, and the PS3 and Wii have great alternatives if you are in the mood for something different.

Xx Jester 76 xX

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2010, 11:29:06 PM »

Now that I think of it, the plug n play might work too.

-Thomas Jefferson

Geese

• View Profile
    • Geese's Dojo
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2010, 08:15:39 AM »

Now that I think of it, the plug n play might work too.

If I remember correctly, the plug n play still operates as a wireless controller - the connection is for recharging only.

Oh, and I own a couple 360 wired controllers. Picked up a couple a few years ago because they're awesome for PC games as well.

Geese

• View Profile
    • Geese's Dojo
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2010, 08:20:26 AM »

There is.

*EDIT*

Wow. This is like a Holy Grail of gaming for me. You mean I don't have to use my Sixaxis anymore?

I love you.

vortech

• Resident Grouch
    • View Profile
    • Piratenews.network
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2010, 02:16:42 PM »

As much as a really really prefer the controller, using the 360's would seem to fail if the game expected motion controls, or in a QTE, where I already have trouble remembering what button is a shape I'd be even more lost.  I still don't LIKE the PS3 controller, but I like it a lot more now that I got those trigger shieths that give them lips. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3