Teh Bias

Teh Bias

• January 17, 2019, 10:58:43 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Wii U thread  (Read 11272 times)

RuFfNeCk

• View Profile
Re: Wii U thread
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2013, 09:39:31 PM »

I believe I'm pulling the trigger on a Wii U Deluxe in the next few days.

I'm only getting New Super Mario Bros. U, and Zombi U at first, but I've put together a nice little backlog of Wii games (All Nintendo titles of course), to keep me occupied until Lego City Undercover, and a few other Nintendo titles come out.

As down as I've been on the Wii U since launch, I'm actually very excited about having a new console.

RuFfNeCk

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2013, 07:39:58 PM »

Pulled the trigger on the Zombi U Deluxe set this morning. Also picked up Super Mario Bros. U, and a copy of Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Setup was easy, and the latest firmware was already loaded on it.

Played Super Mario Bros. U and Nintendoland with Maggi and Toot, and we had a blast. I'm more than likely going to buy another Wii Remote tomorrow. So we can get my Mother-In-Law in on it too.

I'm really looking forward to playing some Zombi U tonight after everyone heads off to bed.

My Nintendo Network ID is: RuFfNeCk in case anyone (Pieter) wants to add me.

iPeter

• Man Card Status: APPROVED
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2013, 08:23:43 PM »

Will do, Chris. Haven't played the U since I beat Mario so don't feel ignored if it doesn't happen tonight.

adamsappel

• Global Moderator
  • The Dude abides.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2013, 10:18:08 AM »

I'm close to pulling the trigger on one. So disappointed about the Rayman Legends situation, though. That was a system-seller for me.
"I do not come here to have my ideas and opinions stiffled."

adamsappel

• Global Moderator
  • The Dude abides.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2013, 02:26:26 PM »

ZombiU bundle boughten! I already had NSMBU (ain't it about time to stop calling it "New"?) from when I thought I was buying it for Christmas.

Rudy

• King DeDeDe
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2013, 12:54:58 PM »

I already had NSMBU (ain't it about time to stop calling it "New"?) ...

Next up: "ALL New SMBU2?" :D

I would not mind a new console but having done so much with the old Wii now, it makes no sense for me. I have it modded to run the games from a hard disk (so the originals are stored safely away), and have a few other things like emulators for the old NES and SNES games installed.  It's a kick to be able to play something silly like Snake Rattle & Roll again!  The emulators and ROMs are a cinch to find online.  There are even emulators for Sega Genesis, GameBoy Advance and I think there may even be one for the ancient TurboGrafx system (or whatever it was called--wasn't that an NEC product?).  All I need is Pong and I'm set! :D

The kids each got a 3DS from their mom for Xmas.  Interesting system (and I really like the 3D Angry Birds), but while wearing glasses, notice the image can get a bit vague  for me at times.  That makes me wonder if I could even use the WiiU: would I need to get bifocals?  Looking at a screen across the room vs. the touchscreen, for me, would mean I'm constantly having to remove my glasses otherwise.

There isn't much in the way of games for me yet--a new Wind Waker isn't exactly a new Zelda game, and I prefer the new (all new? :D ) 3D-style SMB games like Sunshine or Galaxy vs. the "classic" side-scrollers (although I've had fun with the NSMB Wii title).  Outside of Rock Band and Skyward Sword, I haven't even played the Wii much anyway.
-= Rudy =-

adamsappel

• Global Moderator
  • The Dude abides.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2013, 01:09:46 PM »

Rudy, that's a great idea for using the Wii now that I have a WiiU. Time to mod.

So far, the (single-player) games we've played show the same image on the controller as the tv screen, so you don't have to look back and forth. One player might be using the controller exclusively in MP. But, yeah, I think you're heading into bifocal territory. Welcome to the club!

RuFfNeCk

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2013, 09:09:20 AM »

Need that Nintendo Network ID Allen. :)

This way you can see my zombie in ZombiU from all the times I died. :)

Make sure you add friends through the MiiVerse section, as that will actually send invites, if you use the other way, it's just like the old friend code way.

fetterdave

• No Hero
    • View Profile
    • Our family website
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2013, 11:10:39 AM »

Mine is, as usual, fetterdave.

adamsappel

• Global Moderator
  • The Dude abides.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2013, 06:08:02 PM »

I'm allenappel, I guess. I think it changed my usual name when I linked to my Club Nintendo account. Sent invites to Chris and Dave. I would have sent one to Pieter, but the WiiU is having trouble connecting to Miiverse, despite being 5 feet from my router. Oh, Nintendo, you so silly!

RuFfNeCk

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2013, 11:57:46 AM »

Important to know:

Send invites via MiiVerse rather than the basic invite system. When sending through MiiVerse an actual INVITE gets sent, when sending the regular way it's pretty much like the old system where you both have to add each other.

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2013, 03:51:06 PM »

I have to look mine up.  I had to change it.  Went through all the confusion where I was trying to use my Club Nintendo ID.

I was going to hold off, but I scored a mint black system on Craigslist for $200 including ZombiU and NintendoLand.  I like a lot of things about the system.  They need to get the games rolling though.

Rudy

• King DeDeDe
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2013, 03:46:01 PM »

Rudy, that's a great idea for using the Wii now that I have a WiiU. Time to mod.

If you plan on doing it, read a lot of the online guides, and take your time.  There are certain games you need to unlock the "bug" needed to crack the Wii so you can install what you need.  I am pretty sure (from what I remember) that most of it revolves around the Homebrew Channel.  I never was able to get it to work properly, but you can use your drive in the Wii to backup games to an attached USB drive, and then use a USB Loader (like WiiFlow, or USB Loader GX) to access the games.  Someone was also working on a way to have it play GameCube discs from a USB drive but it hasn't been perfected yet. 

I've actually had to use it to play back Amazon streaming video, as that is one service that my WDTV Live Streaming Media Player does not yet offer.  I am using it mainly to stream old TV series (currently watching Mission: Impossible), so the lack of surround isn't an issue.  The WDTV has Netflix and others, so I'm set there.

You would also need a larger SD card--that is where you install most things at.
-= Rudy =-

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2013, 01:49:00 PM »

I used Lego Batman 'Bathaxx' exploit to mod the vWii portion of my Wii U.  Worked great.  I can play the import of Fatal Frame 2 for Wii from a USB drive or from the SD card.  Warning, if you use USB for playing games on the vWii, the Wii U OS will ask you if you want to format it ever time you boot the system.

Bryan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • TehBias
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2013, 03:12:26 PM »

Does anyone know of a relatively easy way to use an external DVD drive with the Wii (to run my game disks)?  My dvd drive has shat the bed and I don't see myself paying for another wii.  The reason I ask here is the fact that a successful outcome will keep me from having to buy a Wii U for another 12-18 months.
Thanks!
"By respect for life we become religious in a way that is elementary, profound and alive."
Albert Schweitzer

Pages: 1 [2] 3