Teh Bias

Teh Bias

• June 25, 2019, 07:29:10 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Goderich Tornado  (Read 2508 times)

Bryan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • TehBias
Goderich Tornado
« on: August 24, 2011, 08:27:58 AM »

Heard from Jeremy and Mary, they are safe and their house was not damaged.  The twister missed their street and house by one block.  They are very lucky from the looks of the wreckage in their small town.  

Tornado story

Tornado pics
"By respect for life we become religious in a way that is elementary, profound and alive."
Albert Schweitzer

Geese

• Champion of Y-Axis inversion
    • View Profile
    • Geese's Dojo
Re: Goderich Tornado
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 08:57:32 AM »

Wow that really stinks for the town. So happy it missed Jeremy and Mary...wish it had missed even more people.
Now Playing on XB1: Dead Rising 3, Ryse: Son of Rome

Xx Jester 76 xX

• aka: Amazin Grace76 aka: Xx Jester 76 xX aka....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 02:41:51 PM »

Heard from Jeremy and Mary, they are safe and their house was not damaged.  The twister missed their street and house by one block.  They are very lucky from the looks of the wreckage in their small town.  

Tornado story

Tornado pics

First off, I'm glad they're ok...  now for some levity... picture 14, those cops are down with OPP!  :P
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

-Thomas Jefferson

Geese

• Champion of Y-Axis inversion
    • View Profile
    • Geese's Dojo
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 08:00:19 AM »

First off, I'm glad they're ok...  now for some levity... picture 14, those cops are down with OPP!  :P

Dang. They're hardcore. "So darlin'...heard you might need a place to stay...."
Now Playing on XB1: Dead Rising 3, Ryse: Son of Rome

Bellatrix

• View Profile
    • Maremy's Blog Has Moved! Check it out...
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 10:54:46 PM »

Thanks for posting about this, Bryan!

It's been a long week for everyone in our town. Jeremy and I, plus both sets of parents were extremely lucky that we did not have any damage to our homes. My aunt lost her home and another aunt will need extensive roof repairs. It's sad to see the place I have called home for nearly 30 years damaged so much in such a little bit of time. I saw the downtown square for the first time tonight (I have seen pictures of the damage but they don't do it justice) because the police moved the barricades further up. It was heart breaking to see the extent of damage on our town square.

Having Hurricane Irene form and hearing how strong she is is not helping matters. We hope any of you that are in areas where she may headed stay safe! Please keep us posted.

scobeto

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 04:32:33 PM »

I am glad you and Jeremy are safe!