Teh Bias

Teh Bias

• March 25, 2019, 08:26:15 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Battlefield 3  (Read 5277 times)

iPeter

• Man Card Status: APPROVED
    • View Profile
Battlefield 3
« on: April 08, 2012, 02:31:14 PM »

I rented a server for 7 days. I'm on Easter break this week so I thought it would be a good time to give the feature a shot and see if I like having a place to call my own. The server name is TehBias - CQ on MSG and right now it's Conquest on Operation Metro, Seine Crossing, and Grand Bazaar. I changed two things to the standard setup... I set the minimum number of players to two and I upped the ticket count to 200%. I sent VIP invitations to Allen, Bryan, and Dave. This puts you at the top of the queue for getting into the next round. If anyone else wants an invite let me know. And if you have any suggestions for the server settings I'm open.

Also, can I have permission to use images from TehBias for the server banner?

Failsafe

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 09:33:58 AM »

Send me an invite, Pieter. I'll be on for some!

iPeter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 12:55:00 PM »

You've been added to the list, Jeremy. Hope to see you on there. I don't think you have to accept an invite or anything, you're just on the list so if the room happened to be full you'd be first in line to enter.

After one night of using the server I'd say I'm pleased. I think the biggest thing to get over is realizing having your own server doesn't mean your automatically going to win each round. Last night I was 2-2. Pretty standard if you ask me. The main upside is you know each time you play you're going to get a map and settings you like and you aren't going to get kicked from the server. Is it worth the extra dough, I'll get back to you in 6 days.

We had between 16-22 players all night it seemed, but now the room is empty. I wonder if that will be a problem. You jump in to your room and have to sit around for a while to get an actual match going. Maybe it never fills. What then, DICE!

iPeter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 08:12:23 PM »

Feedback on the empty room dilemma. I went in to my server with 0/24 players. Within 30 seconds there were 5 players, and very shortly thereafter the room was 10 on 10. Hopefully that's the rule and not the exception.

iPeter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 05:50:40 PM »

A little more mixed results to report. Last night was dead. The server remained 1/24 until I "lost my connection" after a few minutes of running around. This morning things were better. The server included just me for a couple of minutes, but a few people eventually showed up and was full in no time.

The games are fun in part because the added tickets create a back and forth that maintains intensity throughout. The extra time gives more opportunity for collecting ribbons as well. The downside is the rounds are now 30-45 minute affairs so a loss really hurts.

iPeter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 11:33:01 AM »

After letting my subscription lapse, last night I was able to rationalize that I need my own server. I was in a server I had favorited, so I knew I liked the settings. However, there were two superhuman fools running around with their DART guns and racking up the kills. The leader was 63-10 at the end of it all. I need to run a server so I don't have to play with people like that. I understand if you suck and you need the aid of the DART to break even and have fun, but to just run around abusing the weapon is not fun for anyone else. The second reason is my cousin bought the game yesterday, has zero BF experience, and just had no idea what to do. I would have definitely used the private server feature at that time to get him acclimated to his surroundings.

So there's my rationalization for spending money I don't have. The server is back on. I did switch to 50% tickets cause I wanted to try that out, but I'll probably switch back when I realize how few ribbons I'm able to acquire. Later.

Bryan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • TehBias
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 08:19:24 AM »

Thanks P!  Let's try it out tonite.  (twss)
"By respect for life we become religious in a way that is elementary, profound and alive."
Albert Schweitzer

iPeter

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 11:38:25 AM »

I'm there.

Failsafe

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 02:17:45 PM »

Look for me when you least expect it.

iPeter

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2012, 12:45:02 PM »

My cousin and I played a private match on Caspian last night to try out the jets. We were on opposing teams and failed miserably to shoot each other down. At the end of the night I flew in a straight line, back and forth across the map as we were determined to get ONE kill after all our dogfighting. The lowest the health of my plane ever made it was 43%. Jets are impossible.

iPeter

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 12:55:22 AM »

A stranger sent me this message today:

Hi, I saw you owned a server, and I really enjoy your server. Could you make me an admin so that I could keep the server of good quality. I play most nights for multiple hours.

Geese

• Champion of Y-Axis inversion
    • View Profile
    • Geese's Dojo
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2012, 08:51:08 AM »

A stranger sent me this message today:

Hi, I saw you owned a server, and I really enjoy your server. Could you make me an admin so that I could keep the server of good quality. I play most nights for multiple hours.

Wow, for free? Sounds like a great deal!
Now Playing on XB1: Dead Rising 3, Ryse: Son of Rome

iPeter

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2012, 12:38:09 PM »

It doesn't hurt that he's a Nigerian prince.

iPeter

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2012, 02:16:17 PM »

I want you to know I played Friday night, but it wasn't till 1030 my time so I guess you were gone, even though you said you'd be up late. So I think I should still get my Man Card back. I wasn't on last night because my brother is in town and he'll be here for the rest of the week. If I'm online it'll probably be for Rock Band. Sorry! Fight on without me.

Bryan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • TehBias
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2012, 11:02:27 AM »

I'll be playing Battlefield 3 tonight if anyone wants to join me. Fun game.
"By respect for life we become religious in a way that is elementary, profound and alive."
Albert Schweitzer

Pages: [1] 2