Teh Bias

Teh Bias

• December 13, 2018, 02:04:28 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2  (Read 1919 times)

Xx Jester 76 xX

• aka: Amazin Grace76 aka: Xx Jester 76 xX aka....
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2
« on: June 29, 2012, 02:18:51 PM »

Anyone besides Jon and I getting this one?  I pre-purchased yesterday.

http://www.ign.com/games/guild-wars-2/pc-896298
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

-Thomas Jefferson

Geese

• Champion of Y-Axis inversion
    • View Profile
    • Geese's Dojo
Re: Guild Wars 2
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 03:31:31 PM »

Probably won't get at launch - but Wendy and I will eventually get it. We've both played GW1 on and off since it's launch.

I watched a friend play the GW2 beta, and I was impressed by the gameplay and graphics. Also, their version of WoW Battlegrounds looked really fun.
Now Playing on XB1: Dead Rising 3, Ryse: Son of Rome

Xx Jester 76 xX

• aka: Amazin Grace76 aka: Xx Jester 76 xX aka....
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 03:57:49 PM »

Probably won't get at launch - but Wendy and I will eventually get it. We've both played GW1 on and off since it's launch.

I watched a friend play the GW2 beta, and I was impressed by the gameplay and graphics. Also, their version of WoW Battlegrounds looked really fun.

I never played GW1, but this looks like a lot of fun.  The fact that your skill bar isn't loaded with 25 different skills allows you to focus on the enemy and not your skill bar.  The dynamic event system also seems really cool.  It seems as though it will foster more teamwork amongst strangers.  Also, I'm not an endgame raider and get bored quickly when games devolve into gear grinds, so GW2 might be just what I'm looking for.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

-Thomas Jefferson