Teh Bias

Teh Bias

• November 14, 2018, 12:28:04 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Grand Theft Auto V  (Read 1834 times)

scobeto

• View Profile
Grand Theft Auto V
« on: September 27, 2013, 07:56:32 PM »

Against my better judgement, I picked this up a few days after launch.

My first surprise was that the cars you park in garages don't get saved like they should. It is a known issue, but for fuck's sake the game is called Grand THEFT AUTO. You steal cars and shit and no one at Rock Star noticed that cars wouldn't save? Really?

To boot, and maybe it is just the aftertaste of LA Noire, the game is boring as hell. Spoiler alert: You watch a cut scene. You get a mission. You drive a shitty mission car to a destination. You watch a cutscene. You then see how you failed to complete mission objectives you had no idea existed until after the mission was over. Have a silver medal. Rinse well and repeat.

It's LA Noire with tits and cursing.

Maybe it has been too long since I played a GTA title, but I am not impressed so far.

scobeto

• View Profile
Re: Grand Theft Auto V
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 12:06:53 PM »

I've changed my tune. The more I play it the more I enjoy it. The story is interesting and driving and shooting get better as you go. It's nice to switch between characters; for example, if I lose my car, I'll just switch to a different character for a while and then go back and he'll usually have his ride back.

But now I have Batman Arkham Origins and wonder how long it will be until I pick it up again...

adamsappel

• Global Moderator
  • The Dude abides.
    • View Profile
Re: Grand Theft Auto V
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 10:25:51 AM »

I'm hoping for a next-gen version at some point. There's just so much to do in these new open-world games that I feel overwhelmed.
"I do not come here to have my ideas and opinions stiffled."