Teh Bias

Teh Bias

• October 20, 2017, 11:11:32 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Destiny Anyone?  (Read 2236 times)

Xx Jester 76 xX

• aka: Amazin Grace76 aka: Xx Jester 76 xX aka....
    • View Profile
Destiny Anyone?
« on: September 05, 2014, 11:03:26 AM »

I figured what the hell...maybe I'm not the only one who checks in from time to time to see if someone actually posted something new. 

Anyone getting Destiny for the PS4?  I know Jon and I are, but wasn't sure who else was.  I think raids require 6 people and they have to be on your friends list so I thought I'd ask.  Hope everyone is doing well.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

-Thomas Jefferson

scobeto

• View Profile
Re: Destiny Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 05:04:42 AM »

I picked it up for the 360 if anyone is still stuck in last gen...

I can't understand why a next gen title that is supposed to last ten years doesn't have respawn options.  :o

I can't spawn at a flag, on a teammate or even a predetermined spot.

I think BF3 ruined me for online multiplayer, I think.

adamsappel

• Global Moderator
  • The Dude abides.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 01:55:28 AM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/bUIvhQPPCRg" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/bUIvhQPPCRg</a>

Destiny Honest Trailer

It's all true, but damn, it can be fun.
"I do not come here to have my ideas and opinions stiffled."

Xx Jester 76 xX

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 04:57:44 PM »

This is awesome....  I still play it though.    ;)
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

-Thomas Jefferson

vortech

• Resident Grouch
    • View Profile
    • Piratenews.network
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 02:44:35 PM »

I'm playing a ton of destiny on PS4

adamsappel

• Global Moderator
  • The Dude abides.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 03:06:18 PM »

I would mock you for only playing Destiny, but I don't even play that little.

Will you be getting Taken King?

Xx Jester 76 xX

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 03:29:10 PM »

So I got the Taken King after not playing for a while.  I hadn't even played either of the previous DLC's, but decided I felt like shooting aliens one night and had a lot of fun.  It was about 2 days before the TTK release so I got to play around with the new game mechanics, quest system, etc.  that was all it took for me to decide to get the expansion. 

The game seems way better than it was a year ago... I still avoid PVP like I do in most games and only go in to muddle through a 4 kill - 15 death session and then get out with my 15 Legendary marks for the day.  I played briefly with Dave and Chris the other night and it was good to get some of the band back together.

I'd love to actually do a raid on this game since I never have... do we have 6 people that have this?  Do we have anyone patient enough to walk some noobies through old raid content?  Could be fun.

PS4 - Ledbetter76

-Thomas Jefferson

Sparkz

• Bichon Wii-mote
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2015, 12:24:05 PM »

I picked up a new Destiny PS4 bundle today at lunch.  I will try getting it all set up tonight after putting my son to bed, but expect downloads to take overnight.  Look for me later on this weekend.  Hopefully PSN gamer tags carried over from the PS3.  And I will definitely need patience from the rest of group as I am starting from scratch.

adamsappel

• Global Moderator
  • The Dude abides.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2015, 03:44:33 PM »

I haven't played Destiny in a long time. I liked certain aspects of the game, but it just felt so imbalanced when members of your team were of wildly-different levels.

Xx Jester 76 xX

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2015, 01:48:30 PM »

Sounds good, Mark! 

That's probably true of most games where levels are involved, but the leveling process is so quick...especially from 28 - 40 that it's almost a non issue.  Chris, Dave, and I have been running together a little bit recently and the game is exponentially more fun when playing with a group of mic'd up friends.  I had written this game off completely, came back on a whim, and now can't get enough.  Give it a shot Allen, you may feel differently about the game than you did before.

-Thomas Jefferson

Failsafe

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2015, 12:14:26 PM »

Hey Mike!

Sorry I missed this. I saw you online last night doing a Vanguard Strike, but I only had a few minutes to spend or I would have joined your fireteam. I've put a ton of time into Destiny since mid-June (when I originally picked it up) and am usually online a few nights a week. I've been preoccupied with Diablo III: RoS* the last week and a half or so but I'm feeling like Destiny will be my game of choice again now. Jump into my fireteam any time! Would love some more gaming with the old crew. I have also played with Dave/Chris lately...always a good time.

*If you own Diablo III: RoS for the PS4 and haven't played in a while, you may want to fire it up. With the hours I've logged over the last couple of weeks, I've sent many presents to almost everyone on my friend's list.  :)

Failsafe

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2015, 12:16:15 PM »

Also, a friendly reminder about our Google+ Community. A few of us are active over there and I get notified of new posts.

Xx Jester 76 xX

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2015, 04:24:53 PM »

Yeah we'll definitely have to try to get grouped up for some content. 

I've kinda made the decision to withdraw from social media so no FB, no G+, etc. for me.  It's very liberating.   :P

-Thomas Jefferson

scobeto

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2015, 07:37:52 PM »

Also, a friendly reminder about our Google+ Community. A few of us are active over there and I get notified of new posts.

Just submitted a request to join the Google+