Teh Bias

Teh Bias

• April 21, 2019, 06:54:33 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17

Author Topic: DScussion  (Read 52578 times)

scobeto

• View Profile
Re: DScussion
« Reply #225 on: March 04, 2011, 10:49:34 PM »

So the hinge on my DS busted and I decided to buy a replacement case and switch it out.

I dorked up the touch screen in the process and had to order a new one of those. I never knew the touch screen was a separate screen that sat on top of the LCD screen  :P  It's the same way for the iPhone and other touch screen devices!

I think I got the case for $20 $14 shipped and the replacement screen for less than $10 shipped. The screen arrived yesterday and I made the swap today.

The replacement case was surprisingly high quality. It came with all the replacement parts you would need to remove the motherboard and two screens and make the swap, including the little rubber parts.

I ordered a lime green case and decided to leave about 1/2 of the original case on. Looking back, I would have kept the two colors, but maybe kept the outer shell one color and the inner shell another.

All in all, I was pretty happy with the results.

blackcalx

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 05, 2011, 12:45:55 AM »

That's great and all, but where's the Afterburner?

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 05, 2011, 04:14:54 AM »

I actually like the look of that DS a lot!

scobeto

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 05, 2011, 07:37:55 AM »

That's great and all, but where's the Afterburner?

Ha! I still have my GBA with the Afterburner I installed on it. That process was just a bit more difficult, but this one was a bit more time consuming with the dual screens and all the itty bitty cable ribbons.

I actually like the look of that DS a lot!

Thanks! I searched the internet to see what others had done, but I didn't find many. Most people seem to paint their existing case. My son's DS is pretty banged up so I was thinking of doing something with his, but he has a sexy green DSi now so I doubt it would get much attention.

blackcalx

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 05, 2011, 01:08:45 PM »

While there is currently nothing wrong with my DS case your pictures have me feeling that mod itch again.  I wonder if my daughter is tired of "metallic rose"?

scobeto

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 05, 2011, 01:48:39 PM »

Well, here is the seller I bought it from. Shipping from Hong Kong took a little bit, but I wasn't in a hurry. The seller has quite a few different listings at different prices, so you may save a dollar or two if you browse the listings a little. For the money, I have no complaints.

I would utilize some of the how-to videos on YouTube rather than use the link for the online guide they include. It is OK, but the videos are superior and you won't run into too many problems if you follow them.

scobeto

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 30, 2011, 06:15:06 AM »

So any one pick up a 3DS?

I think I'll wait for the slimmer version with longer battery life that will surely be released within the next couple of years.

Maybe.

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 31, 2011, 10:47:06 AM »

So any one pick up a 3DS?

I think I'll wait for the slimmer version with longer battery life that will surely be released within the next couple of years.

Maybe.

Mine will be here today, I'll post impressions.

I'm a gadget hound, couldn't help myself.  I'm not playing 360 these days because I'm busy downsizing and getting my housed fixed up to sell, but I squeeze a few minutes of portable gaming in here and there.

scobeto

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 02, 2011, 09:24:30 PM »

Finally tried the 3DS today. I was impressed!

As soon as a title is released I am interested in, I think I am going to grab one!

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 09, 2011, 03:40:30 PM »

The latest 3DS system update includes Excitebike 3D for free (offer ends July 9, not sure what it is going to cost after that), which is a pretty nifty remake of the NES classic. 

The store is up and the free downloads include videos of Super Mario 3D and Ocarina of Time 3D.  Wow, both games look absolutely great.  The latter gave me a bit of the Fable III vibe that I got when playing that demo with shutter glasses at PAX East; it really felt that the 3D would add to the experience more than it does with the current crop of 3DS titles.

RuFfNeCk

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 24, 2012, 09:37:43 PM »

Got my Midnight Purple 3DS today. I need friend codes!

Rudy

• King DeDeDe
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 17, 2013, 03:51:33 PM »

Well, here is the seller I bought it from. Shipping from Hong Kong took a little bit, but I wasn't in a hurry. The seller has quite a few different listings at different prices, so you may save a dollar or two if you browse the listings a little. For the money, I have no complaints.

I would utilize some of the how-to videos on YouTube rather than use the link for the online guide they include. It is OK, but the videos are superior and you won't run into too many problems if you follow them.

My original DS Lite (in white) has the busted hinge also, but it appears your seller has gone AWOL--still listed, but nothing more for sale.

I had figured I would get one of those Zelda style gold DS shells, but only if the quality is good.  Even if I don't use the DS much, at least it will be intact and ready to use, rather than collecting dust somewhere.  For that matter, I don't even remember where I stashed it during the last move.

-= Rudy =-

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 18, 2013, 01:45:58 PM »

The crazy thing is my launch white DS Lite still has a perfect hinge.

My left shoulder button just went out, though.  Need to get a tri-wing screwdriver and crack this baby open and see how bad it is.  The DS Lite remains my favorite way to play most GBA games, so I'm never selling it.

adamsappel

• Global Moderator
  • The Dude abides.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 24, 2013, 01:44:28 AM »

I wish I still had a GBA SP. I use my Game Boy Micro when I want to play a GBA game.
"I do not come here to have my ideas and opinions stiffled."

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 01, 2013, 04:06:27 PM »

I wish I still had a GBA SP. I use my Game Boy Micro when I want to play a GBA game.

I wish I still had the eyesight I had when I bought the Micro.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17