Teh Bias

Teh Bias

• June 24, 2019, 01:21:25 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Summer Vacation  (Read 16038 times)

Sparkz

• Bichon Wii-mote
    • View Profile
Re: Summer Vacation
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2007, 08:49:16 PM »

We're going to visit my sister in Philly on the 4th.  We're also talking about going on a trip for our anniversary in late August, but haven't made any plans yet.  We'll probably end up going to my in-laws house in Ft Myers while they stay up in Buffalo.

Bellatrix

• View Profile
    • Maremy's Blog Has Moved! Check it out...
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2007, 09:11:40 PM »

I don't really have any vacation plans for the summer being as I'm in school until August 17th. I have from the 18th to September 3rd off but I'll probably just be sticking around Goderich getting ready for my internship and helping my brother move to Toronto.

Jeremy's coming to stay with me in Peterborough for the last week of July and than again for the second week of August.

No Cedar Point for us this summer  ::).

iPeter

• Man Card Status: APPROVED
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2007, 12:42:09 AM »

My dad and I put together a barbecue the day before Father's Day. That was some good old-fashioned father/son bonding we haven't had in a while.

Bryan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • TehBias
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2007, 08:44:00 AM »

Very cool, Pieter!  I like to see stuff like that.  (twss)
"By respect for life we become religious in a way that is elementary, profound and alive."
Albert Schweitzer

sean80

• Psychosocial
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2007, 09:33:41 AM »

That's a mighty fine looking grill you have there Pieter.  :) 

scobeto

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2007, 12:29:13 PM »

That is a nice grill. Ours caught on fire a few years ago. It was just a $100 Wal Mart Special gas grill that we received as a wedding gift five years prior. We went without a grill last year and picked up a $30 Wal Mart Special charcoal job this year. We've already got our money's worth out of it.

I do drool a lot when I'm in Home Depot or something and I see all the big gas grills. Maybe next year.

We decided to go to Six Flags earlier this week. My five-year old son loved all the rides he was tall enough to ride: The Screaming Eagle-which is a huge wooden roller coaster; Tony Hawk's Big Spin-a new coaster that spins, dips and drops; The Mine Train-a rickety, old wooden coaster; and other various rides.

At 47" he should be able to ride the other coasters that have 48" requirements which do loops and other crazy things next summer Like Batman (a sit-down coaster where your legs hang free), The Boss and The Ninja.

A fun day and I was happy the money was well spent since he enjoyed the rides. It was a gamble that paid off.

vortech

• Resident Grouch
    • View Profile
    • Piratenews.network
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2007, 03:13:50 PM »

No need to drool.  I'll take the 50 dollar Charcoal grill over a 2k gas grill.  I don;t know why everyone's so gung ho on gas grills.  My oven already has a broiler, thanks. 

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2007, 03:40:18 PM »

No need to drool.  I'll take the 50 dollar Charcoal grill over a 2k gas grill.  I don;t know why everyone's so gung ho on gas grills.  My oven already has a broiler, thanks. 

Boy, you have been in a shitty mood lately.   :P

I grill with both, sometimes I just don't have the time to do charcoal.  I'd love to do wood grilling at some point, maybe after I retire.

scobeto

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2007, 05:23:23 PM »

I like to cook outside for a few reasons:

Mainly because I don't want to turn the stove on and add unneeded heat to the house in the summer. It would be like firing up the fireplace to roast marshmallows.

Also there is nothing better than drinking cold beer outside in the summer. The kids get to run around the yard and it is a good family experience.

Finally, I get to pretend like I actually did something while doing nothing and getting Good Dad Credit for it at the end of the day. My wife really gets all the sides ready, makes the burgers, seasons the meat, etc. I stand out in the yard and flip cow and chicken parts over ever few minutes. No, she has no illusions about who is doing all the work, she just appreciates the effort I think.

deceptikonXXX

• Evil Prevails
    • View Profile
    • Dylan's Xbox360 Blog
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2007, 05:33:53 PM »

July 4th, 2007.......I'll probably be in DC on the Mall hoping not to get mugged on the way back to the metro after the fireworks.

I'm not going to the Outer Banks until the 7th thanks to some nifty planning by the powers that be.  We're having a family reunion from July 7-10, so I'll be driving down on saturday....miss all the madness of people driving back on sunday....and then leave tuesday and hopefully miss the DC traffic.

Oh, and I'll be drinking 99.9% of the time that I'm not snoring.

Sparkz

• Bichon Wii-mote
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2007, 08:51:40 AM »

If you don't have to work early morning July 5th, hang out at a bar in DC for an hour after the fireworks are over.  The metro crowds will thin out while you're waiting.  4th of July on the Mall is a fun time, but that rush for the metro afterwards is crazy!  The only time I've seen more people crammed into tiny streets was at Mardi Gras.

deceptikonXXX

• Evil Prevails
    • View Profile
    • Dylan's Xbox360 Blog
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2007, 09:31:27 AM »

I see Fado (Irish Pub across from Verizon Center) or Cap City Brewery in my future......

mathewh

• Site Coder
  • Hells of gaming.
    • View Profile
    • HellaBoss
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2007, 10:07:06 AM »

we were supposed to be going to ottawa this weekend, but we suck balls for planning so we won't be. instead, we'll be sitting at home, mowing the lawn, painting, etc. you know, boring assed tasks that need to be done.
OMG, that's so HellaBoss

Sparkz

• Bichon Wii-mote
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2007, 10:16:46 AM »

:)  Cap City Brewery is where we waited it our 4 years ago, since it was right next to Union Station.  Surprisingly the place was not that crowded, and we were even able to get a table and order food.  Well, I should say for its size it wasn't that crowed, that place is huge.  And the good part about catching the metro at Union Station is that you may actually get a seat since its before Metro Center if you're heading NW on the red line.  The bad part is that a seat increases your chance of passing out on the train on the way home after a day of partying.  Not that I've ever done that  :-[

deceptikonXXX

• Evil Prevails
    • View Profile
    • Dylan's Xbox360 Blog
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2007, 10:50:35 AM »

:)  Cap City Brewery is where we waited it our 4 years ago, since it was right next to Union Station.  Surprisingly the place was not that crowded, and we were even able to get a table and order food.  Well, I should say for its size it wasn't that crowed, that place is huge.  And the good part about catching the metro at Union Station is that you may actually get a seat since its before Metro Center if you're heading NW on the red line.  The bad part is that a seat increases your chance of passing out on the train on the way home after a day of partying.  Not that I've ever done that  :-[

Very true.  When I worked on Capitol Hill I was a frequent patron at the Cap City, and their beer is definitely good. 

I've also fallen asleep (aka. passed out) on the last red line train to Glenmont and had to walk a couple mile back to Forest Glen.  Walking through Wheaton at 2am drunk and still wearing my shirt and tie....not fun.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6