Teh Bias

Teh Bias

• December 15, 2018, 05:12:15 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Solution for XBOX Live connection Problems...  (Read 28773 times)

FLYING SE7EN

• Global Moderator
  • Danger. Zone.
    • View Profile
Re: Solution for XBOX Live connection Problems...
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2006, 10:34:49 PM »

SUCCESS!!!  I hooked up the dlink and opened the ports and now I have an open NAT on my 360 and my NAT setting on the original xbox is a 1!!!  Yay!  Hopefully this will be the end of my connection troubles.   

J.

sean80

• Psychosocial
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2006, 08:58:57 AM »

As some of you are aware, I had problems last night accepting game invites for GRAW.  I reset the modem and my router and that let me accept them for a while and then the problem reappeared.  Haven't had this problem with any other game.  Any ideas?

Geese

• Champion of Y-Axis inversion
    • View Profile
    • Geese's Dojo
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2006, 10:02:31 AM »

When in doubt, try putting your 360 in the DMZ.  There should be a setting in your router setup for it. Newer routers/firmwares have it listed under a "Gaming" tab. You'll need to know the IP address that your 360 is using, and then designate that one for the DMZ. What this essentially does is place that IP address outside the protection of the hardware firewall of the router. I'n general you don't want to leave your PC there indefinitely, but putting your 360 there for gaming periods is relatively safe, in my opinion. I'm not saying the 360 is unhackable, but consoles tend to be a little more rigid in how you get in and out of them via the net.

BTW, if you know what DMZ is, then I apologize for the long-winded explanation. Just figured I'd save a post in case you didn't know.
Now Playing on XB1: Dead Rising 3, Ryse: Son of Rome

sean80

• Psychosocial
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2006, 11:13:19 AM »

Thanks for the suggestion Mark.  Your explanation will not go to waste as I am not too familiar with routers and how they work.  I will try this when i get home and see if I have any more luck getting in to games tonight with everyone.  Thanks again. I'll just have to figure out the IP for my 360 first.   :)

Geese

• View Profile
    • Geese's Dojo
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2006, 11:33:38 AM »

Thanks again. I'll just have to figure out the IP for my 360 first.   :)

Bring up 360 Dashboard
Choose the "SYSTEM" Blade
Choose "Network Settings"
Choose "Edit Settings"

Your IP should be displayed near the top.

sean80

• Psychosocial
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2006, 11:41:42 AM »

Thanks for your help Mark.  Much appreciated.

mathewh

• Site Coder
  • Hells of gaming.
    • View Profile
    • HellaBoss
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2006, 08:43:56 PM »

i've gotta refer to this when i finally get my 360 online!
OMG, that's so HellaBoss

Screwnut

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2006, 11:21:00 PM »

wow...having trouble hooking up my orginal xbox to live.  it says xboxlive is not responding.  Please try again later. 

I don't know if it the router like you guys were talking about or not. So I thought I'd post and see if anybody else has gotten this before?

Geese

• View Profile
    • Geese's Dojo
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2006, 07:15:41 AM »

A couple generic questions:

1 - was the router always in your configuration, or did you just install it?
2 - what brand and model is the router
3 - do you have multiple devices on the router? A pc or something, and if so, is THAT working ok?

Note that many cable modems need to be rebooted if you change the device you plug directly into it

Screwnut

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2006, 03:34:02 PM »

A couple generic questions:

1 - was the router always in your configuration, or did you just install it?
2 - what brand and model is the router
3 - do you have multiple devices on the router? A pc or something, and if so, is THAT working ok?

Note that many cable modems need to be rebooted if you change the device you plug directly into it

I installed the router (a belkin wireless G router - 2.4 Ghz - 802.11g  model # f5d7230-4) It works okay with my PC and I've had no problems playing my playstation 2 on it either.  I no longer have the playstation 2 hooked up to it.  So maybe I just need to reboot the router.  Or something is wrong with my used xbox.  hmmmm  I try some of your suggestions this 'fternoon.  If i still have trouble I will report back!

thanks for your Help Geese!  I appreciate it alot!

Screwnut

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2006, 01:19:15 AM »

okay.....don't know where to post this so I hope it's okay here.  Here's a thinker for all you computer nerds.  My xbox connects to live and I can play games (i did have trouble one....see above post but that's been fixed) but my two recent purchases (battlefield 2: modern combat and Return to castle wolfenstien) need to download the patch before I can go on xbox live with them.  The problem is the patch won't download.  It just sits there and then says that Xbox live can't be reached at this time.  I tried it over 20 times now and it's really bugging me!  I dehooked the router  and basically the xbox hooks into my cable modem.  My point is.....well any suggestions?  I can get on live no problem to play halo 2 or any other game but I can't get the upgrade patch to work for these two. 

any suggustions?  could there be a problem with my xbox or connection?  I had this happen before and i just took my whole system over to Jeremy's place and it worked fine.  Unfortunatly I don't have this option, (where just too busy doing our own stuff that it may be months before we could do it!  Plus I don't want to have to rely on Jeremy to help me everytime I get an xbox live compatible game!!

anyways any suggestions are much appreciated!

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2006, 01:40:51 AM »

What happens when you try to connect to Live from the dashboard when you bypass the router?  Does it give an error?  This is the network test that is performed on the Network status screen in the Xbox Dashboard.

You may want to call your ISP and ask if they are doing anything to block any of the following ports:

UDP 88
UDP 3074
TCP 3074

Screwnut

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2006, 01:53:11 AM »

Nope.  It works fine.  Loads up Halo 2.  Lets me go online....everything.  Just when it comes to these two games (plus a few in the past) I go into Xbox live thread on the game menu (inside the game), click on it...sign in as Screwnut.  Then it says (game name) needs an patch before you can go onto xbox live.  Do you wish to download it?  I say yes....then the screen goes green with Downloading update patch with a bar below that should fill up green and then your good to go....this is how halo 2 worked for me.  BUT in this case (with these two games) it just says there for about 45 sec. and then says "xbox live is not responding right now....please try again later"

I lost for words.....I don't know what it could be!  Last game that did this was Star Wars Battlefront 2.  I took it over to jeremy's place and bam it was done!  but ever time I tried it at my place....it always said it was not responding.  Plos you've seen me on live before!  Hell I played halo 2 last night on live with friends all night (till 10:00am)  It's got me stumped!

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2006, 01:57:07 AM »

I understand that I've seen you on Live before but it's possible that some games don't use all the same ports as updates.

If you've run the test and it works perfectly, with no router, but the updates do not, I would call Live support.  They have helped many people, including a few on this forum.

Bryan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • TehBias
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2006, 07:37:56 AM »

Would there be any benefit to clearing the games in question out of the XBox cache?
"By respect for life we become religious in a way that is elementary, profound and alive."
Albert Schweitzer

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9