Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20

Author Topic: WoW!  (Read 51742 times)

Geese

• Champion of Y-Axis inversion
    • View Profile
    • Geese's Dojo
Re: WoW!
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2006, 11:46:18 AM »

Glad to hear you enjoyed it, but sorry you won't be able to find the time to play it. It's the old double-edged sword. Great fun if you have the time. Just be glad you were able to put it down before it cost you more time and money! It really is a great game. I played it pretty regularly with my wife for almost a year. Then I took a 2 month break, and now my interest is gaining again. Played for a while at the airport today waiting for a flight. Great game that works whether you like to solo or party (although partying will ultimately get you better gear earlier from dungeons) Looking forward to the new expansion continent.
Now Playing on XB1: Dead Rising 3, Ryse: Son of Rome

scobeto

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2006, 05:14:44 PM »

I think that the new "war effort" aspect of the game that came with the latest update is great. I think it adds an interesting, global-wide element that drives a bigger wedge between Horde and Alliance; it will be interesting to see which side wins and what happens when that happens.

blackcalx

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2006, 10:42:43 PM »

It's about time I posted in here.  I've been playing for three weeks or so and I liked it enough to drop City of Heroes entirely. 

The art direction is fantastic, and I find myself sight-seeing more than fighting, which inevitably leads to me getting backstabbed by an Alliance rogue.

So far I have leveled my undead rogue to 26 with a sprinkling of alts.  I'm trying to hold off on the alts as it really killed my progress in CoH/V.

I'm playing on Magtheridon so if anybody has an alt on this server feel free to add Thirstblade to your friends list.

Geese

• View Profile
    • Geese's Dojo
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2006, 07:58:51 AM »

Alts killed my wife and I as well. Still don't have a level 60. Have a 49 Orc Hunter, 47 Dwarf Paladin, 27 Elf Druid, 25 Undead Mage, and a handful of others. My wife has a 52 Elf Hunter, 46 Undead Warlock, and a smattering of others. Those are all on the Earthen Ring (roleplaying/PvE) server. We also started a pair of Tauren (I think they might be level 12 or so) on the Gurubashi PvP server.

The art direction for WoW is genius in my opinion. Not only does it look fantastic, but the 'cartoonish' direction it takes allows the models and environment to be substantially lower in polygon count. It's easily the smoothest running MMORPG engine I've ever played. It also has an amazing interface. This might sound silly, but it also has the best looking icons of any MMO I've ever played. Little things like that make the overall presentation of the game top-notch. It's also nice that there's enough variance in the races and the gear that by the time you get to level 12 or so, everyone else doesn't look like you do. (of course, COH has that nailed with full hero customization from the get-go) And the diverse talent tree guarantees that even another player with the same race/class can still be quite different. Oh I could go on and on...

Me like WoW.

RuFfNeCk

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2006, 10:39:13 AM »

WoW 1.10 Path Details!

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3147617

The last new feature the patch will introduce is the addition of weather effects,

Yes!  This is one of the major things I always thought was missing from WoW.

Screens and videos are included with the article.

Geese

• View Profile
    • Geese's Dojo
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2006, 12:48:48 PM »

Weather effects are definitely a welcome addition in my book. Now if I can just get my level 60 cranked out before the expansion. 52 and counting... (54 for my wife)

RuFfNeCk

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2006, 12:43:52 PM »

Re-upped my WoW account last week.  If anyone is interested in rolling a new char on a RP or RPPVP server, let me know.

Geese

• View Profile
    • Geese's Dojo
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2006, 12:46:47 PM »

I'd be up for it. Too bad you can't create new characters on Earthen Ring...or I could hook us up with some mad cash.

My wife would probably want to roll a new one up as well. Any prefs? I'm more inclined to roll in the Horde direction, but can be convinced to go Alliance as well.

RuFfNeCk

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2006, 01:04:17 PM »

Hm, I can create a character on Earthen Ring.  I just tried it now.  Or do RP servers only allow 1 char per server?

I'll do Alliance or Horde, either is fine with me.

Geese

• View Profile
    • Geese's Dojo
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2006, 01:16:38 PM »

Nah, you can create the full 8 (or 9) characters on RP servers as well. I'll let you choose what race to create since I've been playing more recently. You took the effort to start back up so go aheand and choose your race, and I'll roll one up as well. Then I can send each of us some starter cash (nothing exorbitant) enough so we can get our belts full of packs.

BTW, is your 360 near your PC?...cause that would probably be the easiest way to go for voice chat, if we were inclined to do so.

RuFfNeCk

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2006, 01:30:29 PM »

Nah, you can create the full 8 (or 9) characters on RP servers as well. I'll let you choose what race to create since I've been playing more recently. You took the effort to start back up so go aheand and choose your race, and I'll roll one up as well. Then I can send each of us some starter cash (nothing exorbitant) enough so we can get our belts full of packs.

BTW, is your 360 near your PC?...cause that would probably be the easiest way to go for voice chat, if we were inclined to do so.
Well, I'm always partial to the Undead.  So I'll roll an Undead Warrior or Rogue most likely.  I'll be free later this afternoon, so we can hop on if that's cool with you.  ANd my 360 is in my room, so it shouldnt be a problem using that for voice chat.

Geese

• View Profile
    • Geese's Dojo
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2006, 01:34:37 PM »

Undead it is. I'm on and off work today...I figure I will be available, but who knows. Today is weird for me. Hopefully work won't call again.  If you're going Rogue or Warrior, I'll go priest, since a healer is always nice to have.

OK, I created "Grenthe" Undead Priest on Earthen Ring. I sent myself some starter cash, but we won't be able to access it until we reach Brill. And if you don't wanna use the starter cash that's cool as well. I can just send it back. I just find it nice to start the game with a full belt of bags instead of having to hump back to the town every 10 minutes after 1 pack fills up.

RuFfNeCk

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2006, 01:05:57 PM »

I just figured out that WoW runs decently on my crappy little laptop.   :o

This could kill productivity.  If I actually produced something.

scobeto

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2006, 02:25:51 PM »

I'll tell you what (and I'm not being sarcastic).

Last I heard, Xbox 360 is likely to become a major MMO platform:

FFXI
Huxley
APB
something from Square
Marvel Comics
Vanguard (possibly)
TFLO (maybe)

That Huxley looks interesting and sounds promising. EB has the release date as 6/1. I don't know if that is accurate, but the thought of a MMOFPS makes me a little giddy.

RuFfNeCk

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2006, 10:21:41 AM »

Shadow of the Necropolis: Patch 1.11 Released for World of Warcraft.

he World of Warcraft team is happy to announce the release of "Shadow of the Necropolis", the new 1.11 content patch!

Highlights of Shadow of the Necropolis - Patch 1.11:

* New Raid Dungeon - Naxxramas
    * Tier 3 Raid Armor Sets
    * Updated Mage and Shaman Talents
    * New Argent Dawn and Cenarion Circle Faction Rewards
    * Upgraded PvP Armor Sets
    * New Feature: Keyrings
    * New Flightpaths
    * And much more!

Full patch notes here - http://worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/patchnotes.html

Some Under Development stuff here - http://worldofwarcraft.com/info/underdev/
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20