Teh Bias

Teh Bias

• June 24, 2019, 01:46:10 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Black Friday deals  (Read 4055 times)

scobeto

• View Profile
Black Friday deals
« on: November 24, 2005, 09:19:13 AM »

First, Happy Thanksgiving to you all! I hope you have a safe holiday and don't eat too little  ;)

Anyone planning on hitting the stores tomorrow? I am really itching to get a HDTV. I am thinking of pulling the trigger on this Phillips for $1799, even though it won't fit into my entertainment center. Anyone have any opinions on this? I'm not quite as hip as most of you are on HDTV and which resolution is better, etc.

The only big screen I can find in my price range that would fit in my center is this Sony also for $1799...it is a LCD projection, though. Any opinions would be appreciated.

I also saw that Wal Mart has GBA SPs for $48.88!

Here is a pretty conprehensive list of nearly every retailer imaginable and their BF deals:

http://www.bfads.net/

*edit*

I also noticed that Gamestop has WoW for 29.99 and all greatest hits-type titles  2 for $30.

TARGET DEALS
Mario Kart for DS 28.88
Quake 4 for PC  29.72
Simpsons Season 6 DVD 17.88

ICandee

• I miss Cubey
    • View Profile
    • ICandee, You Game 2.0
Re: Black Friday deals
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005, 11:30:12 AM »

I cannot bring myself to join the chaos on Black Friday *shudder*  I usually never find any deals good enough to induce me to go out.  Did you end up getting a HDTV?  I have one on order from a local chain here.  I got a Toshiba 51 inch for $887.  Pretty sweet deal, couldn't turn that one down!  Now I just have to wait until it gets here which is driving me crazy...(360 just isn't doing much for me on my current 24 inch no definition Panasonic.)  Luckily I had Doc (Flying Se7en) to tell me which one to get...He's who you need to get a hold of on that TV tech stuff... :P  I wish I had known about the Target sale on Mario Kart DS.  I really want that one...I did see that EB games was having the 2 for 30 greatest hits sale which they were also offering from their website which was pretty cool.  Right now you can get a free pre-played when you buy two either online or in store.
"Girl gamer's rule.. it smells like apples and plums when you play with them.." -Xbox.com forum post

ICandee, You Game

scobeto

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2005, 01:20:52 PM »

I went out at about 9 a.m. and it wasn't even that bad, most of teh nutjobs are out for the 5 a.m. stuff.

I get to Circuit City and they got the Sony for $1899 and they won't honor the price they had on Wednesday. Idiots. I would have bout it on the spot if they had.

I ended up gettting it at onecall.com for $1699 instead. It is shipping Monday :)

Is your Toshiba a CRT or LCD projection? That is a great deal either way! Toshiba makes some really good units. Post some pics of ot on action when you get it :)

ICandee

• I miss Cubey
    • View Profile
    • ICandee, You Game 2.0
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2005, 10:54:39 AM »

I ended up going out about 10am that day.  Not too bad either for me.  But I went to one store, bought a couch and got the heck out of there.   ;D

Sounds like you got a pretty good deal on the Sony.  OneCall is good to deal with I've heard.  I had originally tried to get mine at HHGregg, but it was the same situation as you.  They had it for $997 but I got there Friday and the deal had ended Wednesday...jerks...lol.  They wouldn't give me that price and they wouldn't match the $887 from the other store so I left.  The one I'm getting is CRT.  You should be getting yours soon if it's shipping on Monday.  I hope I get mine sometime this week.  They keep telling me, "any day now" so I hope they're right.  I'd really hate to put the smack down on them.   :P This is the one I'm getting.  Woo hoo!
"Girl gamer's rule.. it smells like apples and plums when you play with them.." -Xbox.com forum post

ICandee, You Game

scobeto

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2005, 11:19:41 AM »

That looks nice! If I hadn't bought an entertainment center a year ago for $600, I would have opted for something similar. The center I have really limited me on size, and I didn't want a 200lb CRT.

The funny thing about the price on the Sony is, it is back at $1799 at CC. So they raised it $100 for Friday and Saturday  ::) I feel like taking my receipt in there and telling them they are morons  :P

ICandee

• I miss Cubey
    • View Profile
    • ICandee, You Game 2.0
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2005, 12:05:15 PM »

The funny thing about the price on the Sony is, it is back at $1799 at CC. So they raised it $100 for Friday and Saturday  ::) I feel like taking my receipt in there and telling them they are morons  :P

LOL  You should do that.  I thought it was funny that CC doesn't even carry my TV, HHGregg had it for over 1,200 and Best Buy sells it for over $1,700!!!  It's the same TV people...sheesh...

I'm already having a difficult time finding an entertainment center that it's in my budget.  Most of the ones I have found are over $1,000 (?!?).  I'm not spending more on the EC than I did on the TV.  I may just end up buying bookcases for either side.  Partical board here I come!   :P

ICandee, You Game

howiedo1n

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2005, 10:03:22 AM »

People do that all the time and I am one of them.  I think they even advertise something about it, 30day price guarantee or something like that.  Think of it as an extra 100 to spend on HD cables and what not.  It will be a non-issue I am sure.  Do it.  Also, let us know how you like the TV, that was one I had my eye I for a while now and have yet to pull the trigger.  Enjoy.

Bryan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • TehBias
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011, 12:20:20 PM »

Super Mega Dusty BUMP!

In the spirit of recycling, please post any awesome Black Friday deals that you hear about.

I am not planning to hit any stores, but I am open to cashing in on a few Amazon deals.  I was thinking about getting Kinect for the kids, but if I can score a Slim package with Kinect for $199 I'm all over it.
"By respect for life we become religious in a way that is elementary, profound and alive."
Albert Schweitzer

Xx Jester 76 xX

• aka: Amazin Grace76 aka: Xx Jester 76 xX aka....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 09:15:36 PM »

Wow!!!! This thread is so old that Circuit City was still in business Maggi still posted here.   :D
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

-Thomas Jefferson

Geese

• Champion of Y-Axis inversion
    • View Profile
    • Geese's Dojo
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011, 01:42:40 PM »

This isn't Black Friday specific...but there's a few good deals on used games (with free shipping) from Gamefly.

Now Playing on XB1: Dead Rising 3, Ryse: Son of Rome

Bryan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • TehBias
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2011, 09:14:42 AM »

Amazon has had several lightning deals up for Arkham City, FIFA 12, Madden 12 and others at $28.  I missed Arkham the first try, but got it at 9:15 pm last night.  They go in 20 seconds or less, so you have to be ON TOP OF IT.

twss.
"By respect for life we become religious in a way that is elementary, profound and alive."
Albert Schweitzer