Teh Bias

Teh Bias

• December 11, 2018, 05:49:49 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]

Author Topic: TV Recommendations?  (Read 39499 times)

Xx Jester 76 xX

• aka: Amazin Grace76 aka: Xx Jester 76 xX aka....
    • View Profile
Re: TV Recommendations?
« Reply #195 on: May 11, 2011, 04:58:27 PM »

Unless you are sitting within 5 feet of a 42" set, your eyes can't optically resolve 1080p anyway.

I'm about 8 feet away in my current setup, so bring on the 1080p.  :-)  I just want my screen to look as good as those Blu Ray display sets in Best Buy.   :P
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

-Thomas Jefferson

iPeter

• Man Card Status: APPROVED
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 20, 2011, 03:50:07 PM »

I know I say this every year, but I really mean it this time. We're moving in to our new house next month, so I'm hitting the Internets to find a new TV. I don't need 3D, but I do want something 50+ inches. Even knowing which brands to look into or stay away from would be a big help.

Glockdeucedeuce

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 20, 2011, 04:28:50 PM »

Unless you are sitting within 5 feet of a 42" set, your eyes can't optically resolve 1080p anyway.

I'm about 8 feet away in my current setup, so bring on the 1080p.  :-)  I just want my screen to look as good as those Blu Ray display sets in Best Buy.   :P

Mike your thinking of motion interpolation.  Sony calls it motion flow.  Basically it is where your tv adds extra frames to the picture and makes movies and shows look like they are being taped or something.  I am not a big fan of it personally.
Go Go hawt sauce!

Glockdeucedeuce

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 20, 2011, 04:29:06 PM »

Mike your thinking of motion interpolation.  Sony calls it motion flow.  Basically it is where your tv adds extra frames to the picture and makes movies and shows look like they are being taped or something.  I am not a big fan of it personally.
Go Go hawt sauce!

Geese

• Champion of Y-Axis inversion
    • View Profile
    • Geese's Dojo
« Reply #199 on: July 21, 2011, 07:37:15 AM »

Yeah - first time I saw it, I thought I was watching a performed-live episode of CSI. It's great for live-action sports - just way too odd-looking for everything else. YMMV
Now Playing on XB1: Dead Rising 3, Ryse: Son of Rome

sean80

• Psychosocial
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 10, 2012, 05:54:53 PM »

We'll be buying a new TV soon for the basement.  As it will be mainly for a my "man cave", I'm looking for something good for sports and games.  Not looking to spend a huge amount of money, i.e. no more than $1000.  Probably getting it at Sears given the amount of gift cards we got at the wedding to help offset the cost.  What you guys recommend in terms of LCD v. Plasma v. LED?  Basement has good lighting.  

EDIT:  This one interests me: http://www.sears.ca/product/lg-47-edge-led-1080p-120hz-47ls5600/657-000097501-47LS5600

Xx Jester 76 xX

• aka: Amazin Grace76 aka: Xx Jester 76 xX aka....
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 12, 2012, 03:30:17 PM »

Looks nice.  I haven't gotten a new tv in about 5 years, but my 42" plasmas are both LG and have been great.

PS: I love that even the Sears ad spells "colors" incorrectly in Canada.  ;)

Edit:  America...Fuck yeah!
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

-Thomas Jefferson

Failsafe

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 15, 2012, 03:09:17 PM »

How well can you control the lighting in your basement?
Bryan and I both have LG LED/LCD tv's that we game on. It's the 47LV3500 and besides having a great picture, it can play pretty much any video file through the USB input.

sean80

• Psychosocial
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 15, 2012, 04:47:39 PM »

I actually ended up getting a 55" Sony 120 hz LCD.  We have it in the living room for now until we finish getting the basement ready.  

I've tried a few things on it, ie sports, games and we watched Wall-E on it last night and it's beautiful.

The change from my 40" to this is amazing.  :)

Edit:  The price on this one was great and that's probably because it doesn't do wifi and 3D which is fine for me.  It does have USB as well!

Failsafe

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 16, 2012, 03:15:08 PM »

Sounds like a good one! Post a picture when you have a chance.

Yeah, Smart TV features aren't important to me at all since I have the 360 hooked up which can do all that stuff. I have no interest in 3D either.

adamsappel

• Global Moderator
  • The Dude abides.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 19, 2012, 02:32:14 AM »

Pics!
"I do not come here to have my ideas and opinions stiffled."

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]