Teh Bias

Teh Bias

• March 19, 2019, 01:50:00 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Gaming in the News  (Read 25971 times)

scobeto

• View Profile
Re: Gaming in the News
« Reply #135 on: January 11, 2013, 08:49:34 PM »

Well, fuck it all I guess.

"In a 2009 report, the American Academy of Pediatrics declared, "The evidence is now clear and convincing: Media violence is one of the causal factors of real-life violence and aggression."

The report focused on all types of media violence. But for video games in particular, the pediatricians cited studies that found high exposure to violent ones increased physical aggression at least in the short term, and warned that they allow people to rehearse violent acts. On the other hand, it said friendly video games could promote good behavior.

A wide spectrum of the video game industry was represented at the meeting with the vice president, including the makers of violent war video games like "Call of Duty" and "Medal of Honor" and a representative from the Entertainment Software Ratings Board, which sets age ratings that on every video game package released in the United States."

All you violent fuckers who voted for Obama have fucked it all up for the rest of us. What happened to all the damn drugs we blamed this shit on years ago?

Now people with lower income jobs (like in the fast food industry) are having their hours cut to 28 hours per week so businesses can avoid paying for benefits mandated by Obamacare. Holy shit, if all those people start playing Halo or BF3 or Metroid or Mario, we will all be fucked for sure. Zombie Apocalypse or Obamapocalypse? Does it even matter???? Probably not. World of Warcraft will still be around when the dust settles.

Xx Jester 76 xX

• aka: Amazin Grace76 aka: Xx Jester 76 xX aka....
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 01, 2013, 01:48:27 PM »

So we're not blaming Marilyn Manson and Eminem anymore???  I'm so old.   ::)
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

-Thomas Jefferson

scobeto

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 19, 2013, 10:24:22 PM »

So we're not blaming Marilyn Manson and Eminem anymore???  I'm so old.   ::)

Nope. You are old. I am older, though. We used to blame Ozzy and Black Sabbath.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]