Teh Bias

Teh Bias

• December 13, 2018, 12:30:18 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 129

Author Topic: Marketplace and Arcade content  (Read 217713 times)

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
Marketplace and Arcade content
« on: March 21, 2006, 04:22:51 PM »

Microsoft brags that they have finally started producing the Xbox 360.   They also pimp some upcoming downloads.

In addition, new titles are coming to Xbox Live Arcade all the time, including "Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting," "Uno" and the free full version of "Texas Hold 'Em Poker" by Riverbelle.

In addition to new games, consumers can extend the experience of existing Xbox 360 titles with new downloadable content available on Xbox Live Marketplace. Microsoft Game Studios confirmed new content for "Project Gotham Racing® 3," including exciting cars and achievements. Fans of "Perfect Dark: Zero(TM)" will have access to additional content, including downloadable multiplayer maps. In addition, the unique experience of "Kameo(TM): Elements of Power(TM)" will be extended through new online cooperative gameplay options and exciting new costumes for Kameo and her warriors.

Xbox 360 will continue to deliver new online gaming and entertainment experiences including the "Battlefield 2: Modern Combat" game demo (Electronic Arts), the "Burnout Revenge" game trailer (Electronic Arts), and the "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion" Horse Armor Pack (Bethesda Softworks/2K Games), which will all be available this spring on Xbox Live Marketplace.

Take that, Barbie Horse Adventures!   Oh, it's on!

Failsafe

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming Marketplace and Arcade content
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 05:12:22 PM »

Uno and FREE Holdem?  YES! ;D

ICandee

• I miss Cubey
    • View Profile
    • ICandee, You Game 2.0
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 06:39:15 PM »

Uno?!  Woo hoo!
"Girl gamer's rule.. it smells like apples and plums when you play with them.." -Xbox.com forum post

ICandee, You Game

sean80

• Psychosocial
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 06:58:50 PM »

I wonder how many people will be able to play Uno at a time  I'm thinking 4.

Geese

• Champion of Y-Axis inversion
    • View Profile
    • Geese's Dojo
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 08:29:21 AM »

You're probably correct that they'll go with a safe number like 4, but there's no real reason that more couldn't easily play. It's just a draw and discard pile in the center. It would be real easy to represent how many cards other players had without taking up too much of the screen.

It'll never happen, but I'd love to see this quick, elegant card game make it to Live Arcade. (not to mention I bet the licensing would be so much cheaper than a mainstream game...)
Now Playing on XB1: Dead Rising 3, Ryse: Son of Rome

sean80

• Psychosocial
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 09:16:54 AM »

I only guessed at 4 because that's all we played with when I was younger.  I guess you could use multiple decks for more people.  Can't wait to get this.  The card game you mentioned in your post also looks interesting as well.  Maybe they will get other nonmainstream games as well. 

scobeto

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 06:19:01 AM »

You're probably correct that they'll go with a safe number like 4, but there's no real reason that more couldn't easily play. It's just a draw and discard pile in the center. It would be real easy to represent how many cards other players had without taking up too much of the screen.

It'll never happen, but I'd love to see this quick, elegant card game make it to Live Arcade. (not to mention I bet the licensing would be so much cheaper than a mainstream game...)

I'm curious, and not to get too far off topic, but where did this obsession with love of board/card games come from? Did you and your family have a board game night when you were growing up? I was just curious. I don't know anyone with as many board games as you and you always throw these obscure titles around here and there when you can. It must be nice to have enough people to play with all the time  :)

Geese

• View Profile
    • Geese's Dojo
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2006, 10:06:35 AM »

I'm curious, and not to get too far off topic, but where did this obsession with love of board/card games come from? Did you and your family have a board game night when you were growing up? I was just curious. I don't know anyone with as many board games as you and you always throw these obscure titles around here and there when you can. It must be nice to have enough people to play with all the time  :)

So glad you asked!   :D  I'll try and keep it short...around 6 years ago I played a boardgame at a friends house and went looking to order it online. I then came across this site:  http://www.boardgamegeek.com  ...and the rest is history. I had no idea the wealth of actual GOOD boardgames out there that adults can enjoy. (unfortunately many have to be imported - although most are language independent)  Through that website I located a monthly gaming group and through THAT group I found a couple of people that I could game with on a weekly basis. My wife plays regularly as well. Now that I've moved, we have a weekly game group of 4-6 people. It's probably as much about the social aspect as it is about the game.

adamsappel

• Global Moderator
  • The Dude abides.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2006, 03:54:57 PM »

There's a free picture pack for The Outfit and some new movie trailers available now. Also, Best Buy is selling the faceplates that were pre-order bonuses for $4.99.
"I do not come here to have my ideas and opinions stiffled."

Beer Monkey

• Troublemaker
  • I smell dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2006, 04:17:00 PM »

Also, Best Buy is selling the faceplates that were pre-order bonuses for $4.99.

What the heck?   I didn't think they were allowed to do that.   They used to sell giveaways for a penny.

adamsappel

• Global Moderator
  • The Dude abides.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2006, 04:23:27 PM »

I misread this at CAG, sorry. It's specifically the Full Auto faceplate, also at bestbuy.com. I saw one of these at the store. It's really ugly and cheap looking. I've seen them sell giveaways before, but they do eventually fall to penny prices.

adamsappel

• Global Moderator
  • The Dude abides.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2006, 04:36:22 PM »

GRAW demo!

ICandee

• I miss Cubey
    • View Profile
    • ICandee, You Game 2.0
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2006, 06:20:04 PM »

GRAW demo!

Yes!  Finally I can...oh wait, nevermind...
"Girl gamer's rule.. it smells like apples and plums when you play with them.." -Xbox.com forum post

ICandee, You Game

sean80

• Psychosocial
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2006, 08:09:59 PM »

I was thinking today about games that would be cool for Live Arcade and I would love to have Contra with online co-op.  That would be awesome (at least to me it would be).  :)

Geese

• View Profile
    • Geese's Dojo
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2006, 08:36:36 PM »

I was thinking today about games that would be cool for Live Arcade and I would love to have Contra with online co-op.  That would be awesome (at least to me it would be).  :)

It would be to me as well. Although, we'll probably end up seeing the NES version on Revolution before we see the arcade version on LIVE. The NES version was somehow more popular all around. Give me the full arcade version anyday. Well, *cough* give me a network multiplayer version of the arcade one  ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 129